This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

This week for National Hispanic Heritage Month, I wanted to write about one of my inspirations as a child, Jennifer Lopez (JLO). I vividly remember listening to her music with my mom when I was in elementary school. Recently, I have spent more time focusing on her career as an actress. Here is a list of my top 5 JLO movies that I think everyone needs to see at least once in their life.

5. What to Expect when you’re expecting

This movie I watched for the first time this summer with my best friend. It was a movie that had me laughing the entire time. I do not want to reveal too much, but the main idea of the movie is five different couples have to deal with the upcoming parenthood ahead of them. It truly is an incredible watch that will have you grateful that you are not in their shoes yet. I would rate this movie an 8/10.

4. Out of sight

I will forever be a George Clooney girl at heart. I have grown up on his movies since I was 6 years old. Having him and JLO in this movie together was bound to be good. The main idea behind the movie is Clooney plays a career bank robber who has broken out of prison. Lopez plays a U.S. Marshall whom he has kidnapped, but the two of them also share a mutual attraction. It is a must-see at some point for everyone. I would rate this movie an 8/10.

3. Marry Me

Ugh, this movie was too good, especially for those romantic comedy fans. I watched this when I had Covid and it was one of the highlights of those five days. This movie is about a Popstar who is about to get married in front of all of her fans, but a few minutes before she finds out that he has been cheating on her. In a moment of panic, she asks someone in the audience to marry her. These two people must decide what they want to do about this situation. This is a must watch especially during Valentine’s Day season. I would rate this movie an 8/10.

2. Hustlers

I watched this movie when it came out when I was a freshman in high school. It gave me the empowerment that I needed in that moment. This movie is about a group of strippers when the 2008 recession hits. It explores a possible new dangerous business venture that they have. It focuses on the two main characters Ramona (Jennifer Lopez) and Destiny (Constance Wu). The main focus of this movie is how to find your power as a woman. I would rate this movie a 9/10.

1. Selena

This movie is in the top 20 movies I have ever seen. I remember my high school Spanish teacher mentioning this movie, so one weekend I went home and watched it. Absolute life-changing experience for a girl who had never heard of Selena before. Jennifer Lopez does an incredible job playing Selena in this movie. The ending of this movie will forever make me sad. This is a must-watch for people to see her story. I would rate this movie a 10/10.

Hello I am Gabrielle Martin, Gabby for short. I am a freshman writer at St. Bonaventure University chapter of Her Campus. I plan on writing about different topics like breakups, dating, personal care, and relationships (the good ones and the challenging ones). Outside of Her Campus I am an Adolescent Education major with a history concentration. I am also a part of four other clubs on campus most that deal with the education part of my major where I take care of kids after school from the community. This is my first year on Her Campus and I cannot wait to embark on this journey of writing influential articles. I am from Caledonia, New York which is about 30 minutes outside of Rochester. In my free time I love to spend time with my friends going out to eat or going on walks. I love reality tv shows and I also love cheesy romantic comedies. My favorite food is bagels and I drink a coffee every single morning when I wake up. My main goal in life is to have an imprint on someones life or have an influence on the choices they make in life. I try to make the mistakes so others do not have to repeat my poor choices.