Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

My Signature Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Have you ever thought to yourself, “hm… how could I be more like Claire Fisher today?” I’m sure you have. I hear this comment ALL the time (duh). If you’ve ever thought that, here are some of my favorite beauty products I like to pretend I discovered (all under $25).

1. Fleur de Blonde perfume I have been on the hunt for YEARS to find my signature scent, and I think I have finally done it. Almost every time I put this perfume on, I am always getting compliments, especially how fresh and “expensive” smelling it seems. Now, $25 for a perfume still kind of seems like a lot. But for 1 Fl oz, many actual luxury brands are charging well over $100. For the quality I’m getting, I consider $25 a steal. Small enough to pack in a cute purse too!

2. Olay White Strawberry and Mint Body Wash Full credit to this one should go to my mom, but let’s pretend that it’s me. I have even converted 2/3 roommates into also buying this body wash! It smells wonderfully fresh, comes in many sizes and lasts just long enough without mixing with my perfume or becoming overpowering. I just love it.

3. Amazon Hair Wax Stick As we all know, the slicked-back ponies are officially back in style. My favorite look for a night out is getting to leave my natural hair as it is, but just using my “slick stick” to pull it back. Living with three dancers, I also love being able to share the stick for show-day hair. I bought this for the first time January 2023 and she’s still kicking and has tons of product left. It’s cheaper than other brands, but you couldn’t tell by the quality! This is another great one to slide into your cute little shoulder bag so you can add a small amount on the go.

4. CVS Breath Strips This is a new addition to my ‘getting ready’ routine as of this semester and definitely something that will remain in my purse. I was first introduced to this at a young age by my Aunt Amy who uses these in the Listerine brand. Call me a baby, but I find them SO minty, I tear up. I find that the CVS brand is still really strong without making me tear up. My warning is to let these strips melt on your tongue or the roof of your mouth, NOT your teeth. This is a fun game to play by saying, “hey, who wants some candy!” and watch their reaction. I promise this isn’t mean.

5. Vintage Cosmetics Makeup Headband Of course, I saved the best for last. This headband is about as a part of my identity as my social security number. If I am washing my face, I have this on. If I’m doing makeup, you can GUARANTEE she is nearby. This headband and I have been loyal to each other for three years and she has seen the WORST. Is it significantly better than other brands of makeup headbands? I doubt it. But, it’s a sentimental thing. I’m sure you could find another one at the dollar store, but I just love the memories I have with it, and, of course, the pattern.

Claire Fisher is the co-campus correspondent for the St. Bonaventure Her Campus chapter. She is responsible for chapter recruitment communications, editing of weekly articles, general managing of chapter logistics and even implemented a once-a-year print issue of HC at SBU. Claire is currently a third-year student studying Communication, Social Justice & Advocacy with focus on theology and political science. Aside from Her Campus, Claire currently serves as co-president of Jandoli Women in Communication, passionate about representation in the media field, and is a student reporter for PolitiFact NY. Lastly, she is a content creator and the communications officer for St. Bonaventure College Democrats. In her time away from academics, Claire loves to go hiking on local trails and enjoys talking about her love of music. She is an avid Spotify user, and will engage in any conversation regarding Meg March.