My 2024 New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Cheers to a new year! With a new year comes along new memories, new friends, and new resolutions. To be honest with you I usually don’t end up sticking to any of my New Year’s resolutions. In honor of that, my ultimate goal is to stick to my New Year’s Resolutions. 

A New Year’s resolution is a desired goal that people set for themselves and try to stick to throughout the year, usually to help improve themselves. Some common resolutions might be to travel more, go to bed earlier, become more organized, or focus on eating healthier foods. This year I have set 3 big resolutions for myself and I’m here to tell you why.

My first resolution is to drink more water. In the past I have not been the best about drinking water. I know that you need water and it is very beneficial to you, but for some reason it is hard for me to drink enough of it. My daily water intake goal is to drink at least 2 or hopefully 3 Stanley cups filled with water.

My second New Year’s resolution is to focus on making myself happy. I have noticed that last year was not the best year for my mental health. Many different things happened that unfortunately did not affect my mental health in a good way. That okay though because I fully believe that everything happens for a reason, so you just have to find ways to either cope with it or move on. To help achieve this goal I will start putting myself first and doing things that I enjoy more often.

Lastly, my third New Year’s resolution is to travel to 3 places I’ve never been before. I have always loved traveling because I enjoy seeing new places and finding where I want to go next. 

Throughout the year I plan to keep these goals somewhere visible and where I will be able to see them often. I find it easier that if you write out your goals and remind yourself of them it is actually a little easier to stick to those goals. 

Amanda Ippolito is a new member of Her Campus at the St. Bonaventure University chapter. She is very excited to share her writing with everyone and enjoys writing about topics that relate to pop culture, journal topics, and personal experiences. Amanda is from a very small town, Silver Creek, NY. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and her dog Bella. She also loves to listen to music, go thrifting, cook, browse Pinterest, and go to concerts. When not out and about you can find Amanda working or listening to music. Amanda’s music taste varies from artists like Stevie Nicks and Lana Del Rey all the way to Kendrick Lamar and Deftones. Beyond Her Campus, Amanda is her class’ treasurer and is involved in the school’s dance team, student government association, and college democrats.