This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Here is a list of my random hot takes and unpopular opinions.

1. Harry Styles needs to be humbled.

I used to love Harry Styles. His first album was incredible. And Fine Line is one of my favorite albums ever. But Harry’s House was not it for me. I liked one or two songs and basically hated the rest. Even though his hardcore fans claim this album is so him and nothing has ever been more authentic, I think he was trying too hard to remain a main pop girlie. Another thing about him that pissed me off was his acceptance speech at the Grammy’s for Album of the Year where he said things like winning album of the year never happen to people like him. Who? Conventionally attractive rich white men? Yeah, stuff like that NEVER happens to them; good one Harry!

2. Men don’t deserve reproductive rights.

This one is pretty simple. If women can barely have reproductive rights, why should men have them? Women are the ones that actually have to carry the kid for 9 months. I propose mandatory vasectomies for all men at birth! Yes, it can alter their chances of having children in the future, but so can the birth control that women take. Men should be taking more risks than women in terms of reproduction because they aren’t as physically involved in the whole process.

3. It’s not anti-woman to be a housewife.

A lot of radical feminists say it’s anti-woman and anti-feminist to be a housewife. Totally not true. If you don’t want to work and you’d rather stay home, there is nothing wrong with that. Feminists often say women can do whatever they want, but the second women want to stay at home, they’re often judged for not working. If your significant other is working and you want to stay home with your kids, or stay home and clean, or stay home and cook, or stay home and do nothing, then do it! As long as it is your choice, and no one is forcing you to do it.

4. Taylor Swift is overrated.

Don’t cancel me just yet. I’m not saying Taylor Swift herself is overrated. She is an icon and the IT girl forever and always. However, prices for her upcoming Eras Tour have reached over $94,000 for one ticket. She is an incredible performer, but I don’t think watching anyone perform for an hour is worth that amount of money. Obviously, it’s the resellers fault, not Taylor’s, but her method of dropping easter eggs and teasing content doesn’t help to keep the prices low either.

5. TikToks with videogames underneath them.

This may be a very niche thing and users of Instagram Reels or YouTube Shorts have probably never seen these. I love these videos. Something about watching clips of a TV while someone absolutely bodies a mobile game underneath is so entertaining. Some people have said these videos are annoying and are ruining attention spans, but I don’t care.

6. Luxury makeup brands are crap.

Luxury makeup is probably one of the dumbest things you could spend your money on. 99% of the time you are only paying for the packaging. It might look cool on the outside, but whatever’s inside isn’t anything special. You can always find cheaper products at the drug store that do the same exact thing! Or they’re going to be better. Luxury brands rely on people who care about brand name and love pretty products to repurchase their stuff even if it doesn’t work. Personally, I would never waste money on something just because it looks aesthetic. Don’t fall for corporate marketing!

7. Age is not an excuse.

Older people often use their age as an excuse to be racist, homophobic, and just plain rude. “That’s just how it was when I grew up.” Okay, well that’s great, but you’re still alive and you’re living in a progressive time. The world is adjusting to be more accepting and considering you still live here, you should adjust your mindset as well. Your parents can’t scold you for your opinions anymore.

Delainey Muscato is a junior journalism major with philosophy and sociology minors. This year she is excited to be the brand deal manager, assistant events planner, and senior editor for the SBU chapter of Her Campus. In her weekly article for Her Campus, she usually writes about her personal experiences at college, as an intern, or just in life. Delainey is excited for her second year as a member of Her Campus and can’t wait to help new members be just as engaged in the club as her. Outside of Her Campus, Delainey is a very active journalist. She writes for a newspaper in Ellicottville, The Villager. These articles typically detail local events or highlight people in the area. She also just began writing for Tap into Greater Olean. This news site covers stories directly rooted in the Olean and Allegany area. This summer, Delainey spent five weeks studying abroad is Sorrento, Italy. In her free time, Delainey loves to spend time with her friends and family. She spends a lot of time reading on her porch at home. Delainey also loves to take her dog Nella on walks. Her favorite TV shows are The Office and Friends. Her favorite movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. She also loves music and spends a lot of time discovering new music and perfecting her playlists. www.linkedin.com/in/delainey-muscato-b10134282