This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Just like I did for the winter semester, I want to do a wrap-up of everything that has happened this semester. But to make it more exciting, I am going to do all of my freshman year at St. Bonaventure.

In this article, I want to share what I’ve learned, about myself and life, some things that I’ve done, and how I feel about this academic year now that it’s all over.

BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF

No one else has to live with me as much as I have to live with myself. I can’t go around making decisions that don’t completely serve me.

Confession time: I’ve gone home almost every weekend this year. Yes, I know, I’m boring. I know that I’m not getting the full college experience and don’t have a ton of close friends at school. But I have so many strong and important relationships at home that I foster with my time at home. It also means that I get to relax. It means that I don’t suffer from panic attacks during the week. It means that I can stay away from what I know makes me uncomfortable and helps me keep my sanity for a little bit longer. So sure, I am what the kids call a “suitcase student” but it is what makes me, me. I won’t change that.

DO IT AS SOON AS YOU GET IT

This is what got me through classes this semester. I was able to relax a bit at the end of the semester because I was on top of my work and got it done way before the due date.

I know that this is not everyone’s cup of tea and some people thrive off a healthy dose of procrastination but I have found my groove.

My method was completing the assignment as soon as the professor mentioned it in class. This usually means weeks in advance for larger projects. I work very hard in the time that I put aside simply for studying and it helps me put my head down and get s**t done.

MY RANKING OF BUILDINGS ON CAMPUS:

Murphy: 1/10 (why does it always stink? Only gets a point for Her Campus meetings)

Plassmann: 9/10 (so shiny and new but why do the bathrooms always stink?)

Swan: 8/10 (why do the stairs get so narrow at the top?)

Library: 100/10 (my favorite spot is on the top floor facing the fields. View: 10/10)

De La Roche: 6/10 (pretty outside, old inside)

Hickey: 4/10 (food sucks #hickeyhater)

MY HOPES FOR NEXT SEMESTER:

-Good classes with good professors

-Make more memories with some amazing people

-Looking forward to more Her Campus events

-Grow more open to new experiences

-Don’t let the small things get me down

-Live my life to the best possible extent

Abigail Taber is a first-year writer for the St. Bonaventure chapter of Her Campus. She enjoys writing about culture, entertainment, and the happenings in her college life. Abigail is really excited to be a part of such a cool organization that centers around the work and interests of women. She hopes to continue writing for Her Campus and become more involved in the editing and publishing side of things in the future. Beyond Her Campus, Abigail is the poetry editor for the literary magazine on campus, The Laurel, volunteers for the campus food pantry, and can be found in the library most hours of the day. Abigail has had her creative writing published in her high school's literary magazine, The Wisp, and wrote for the school's newspaper, Out of the Blue, all four years. She is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University, double majoring in English as well as Literary Publishing and Editing. In her free time, Abigail, or Abbey to her friends, enjoys reading, listening to music, and looking at art for her next tattoo. She is a music trivia master and a known enjoyer of any, and all, romance books. She hopes to pursue a career in publishing books in a big city. Growing up in a small suburb of Buffalo, New York, Abbey wishes to go somewhere that no one knows her name, or her mom's.