This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Hi! You might be a little stuck on where to go for your date. Maybe it’s the first one or maybe you and your partner just need something new. Don’t worry I’m here to help you out!

First things first think about what you really want. If you really want a night in with a date night vibe; that’s possible. If you want to be outside and move around do that too. But, make sure that you and your partner can agree on what to do. Unless you want to surprise them. Pick something you know you both will enjoy that can give you the quality time you need. Know your partner’s love language.

Outdoor activities

Depending on the season here are some outside date ideas for you and your partner:

1. Camping! If you two want to be outdoors for an extended period of time camping is a great idea. It’s just you, your partner and nature. You can go hiking, bird watching, star gazing and more. At night you can have a fire with s’mores and cuddle while enjoying the cool night air.
  2. Picnics in the park. Or even picnics in the meadow. During any season where there’s not snow on the ground a picnic is lovely. You can get creative with what kind of food and drinks to have. Having a picnic gives you two the opportunity to get in some fresh air and spend time with each other.
  3. Visit a farm. If you both have a love for animals visiting a farm is a great idea. You can go horseback riding or even learn about what else the farm has to offer.
  4. Fruit picking. Whether it’s cherry picking, apple picking or pumpkin picking you’re bound to leave with something.
  5. Flea market. Outdoor flea markets are a great place to be. There’s also something you can find there that you won’t anywhere else. Even better if you’re able to bargain on the price. It’s shopping but outdoors.

Indoor activities (that aren’t just dinner and a movie)

1. Take a cooking class. Maybe you want to brush up on your cooking skills. Or learn how to make a dish that you’ve never made before. Taking a cooking class is an interactive date. The real kick you’ll get out of it is that you just made your own dinner. Or lunch. So, no need to go spend money at a restaurant.
  2. Hit the theater for a play. Or even watch a musical. It’s not a movie, but you won’t hurt your eyes staring at a screen for hours. You can even find interactive plays.
  3. Go to the bookstore. Barnes and Noble anyone? Spend some time browsing through books and journals. You can get some coffee and discuss the books you love to read. If you don’t like big chain bookstores opt for a local one instead.
  4. Stop by the animal shelter. It will absolutely pull at your heartstrings. But it’ll be worth it. What’s better than you, the one you love and some furry animals?
  5. If you’re old enough take a winery tour. I haven’t done one myself, but I’d love to go for sure. I’m sure it’s quite the experience.

Some activities for those that want to stay home:

1. Your very own karaoke night. You don’t really need a speaker and microphones, but those are good extras to have. All you really need is something to play music on. I mean come on don’t you love hearing their voice? How about their singing voice?
  2. Have a themed night for cooking and drinks. Maybe the theme is about your favorite movie or show. Maybe it’s about a country you’ve visited. Whatever the theme is it will definitely get your creative juices flowing.
  3. Blindfolded taste tests. We’ve all seen the videos of couples feeding each other things blindfolded and having to guess what they are. What can make it even better is you combine this option with the one above. They have to guess your whole theme.
  4. Trivia night! Let’s test how much you two really know. It doesn’t even have to be about anything hard. It can be trivia about each other.
  5. Cards Against Humanity. It’s a hilarious game. This card game and other fun card games can get you two to know each other better and even move your bodies around.

So, there you have it. Ideas on what you can do no matter where you want it to be.

Have fun!

Hello! I'm a senior Journalism student with a minor in Criminology. I have a love for books, anime and cats. You can often find me curled up on the couch with a romance novel while sipping some coffee.