This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

This week’s Campus Celerity is Anna Ciesla as she was awarded the very prestigious Women of Promise Award, in honor of Mary Hamilton, a very successful Bonaventure graduate. This award is offered annually through the Russel J. Jandoli School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Congratulations Anna!

Name: Anna M. Ciesla

Hometown: Franklinville, NY

Year: senior, class of 2015 (graduating in three years)

Major: journalism and mass communication with a minor in history

Her Campus: “What are your favorite activities?”

Anna Cielsa: “I run a lot. I am actually training for a half marathon right now.  I used to be very active with sports in high school, so it keeps me active now and helps to keep my sanity. I am big into sports, especially baseball.  The San Francisco Giants and New York Yankees are my favorite teams.  One of my life goals is to visit every MLB ballpark; I’ve got five down so far and will be adding two more to the list within the next few weeks.  I also am a huge nerd and love reading. The “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, and the “Harry Potter” and “Game of Thrones “series are my favorite books.”

HC: “You can have any superpower in the world! What is it?”

AC: “I would have the power to be invisible/ make things invisible like Violet from the Disney movie “The Incredibles.”   Many people would probably not believe it, but I am incredibly shy, so that would be so helpful sometimes.  Plus, it would be so much fun to mess with people and pull pranks.””  

HC: “Who’s your celebrity crush?”

AC: “Joe Pinter.  (If you know him personally please don’t tell him, and hopefully he won’t see this.) I am also a HUGE baseball fan, and Buster Posey has got it going on.”  

HC: “What are you involved in at St. Bonaventure?”

AC: “I have primarily been involved with the SBU-TV production truck.  I have been doing that since day one of attending St. Bonaventure and have loved every second of it.”

HC: “What’s your favorite thing about working with SBU broadcast?”

AC: “I’ve gotten the chance to meet some pretty great people through the truck.  It’s also cool that I can say that I’ve worked on an actual broadcast.  I’ve learned so much about the production process and it’s given me a whole new insight to watching live broadcasts.”

HC: “Congratulations on being awarded the Women of Promise Award! What does that mean to you?”

AC: “It means the world to me.  I feel extremely honored that the faculty and staff think so highly of me, and I have worked my rear-end off here, so this award proves that hard work does in fact get noticed.  Having received this award is excellent motivation to continue working hard in my future endeavors and continuing to be a promising woman.” 

HC: “With so much going for you what do you hope for the future in terms of your career and living to up the Women of Promise and what it represents?”

AC: “Well, I have an application in at UB Law School, so I am hoping that I get into the program.  I am not sure if I am going to practice law or not yet, but having the JD Degree allows for more opportunity and growth in virtually every field, so it will be helpful in whatever I choose to do.  I hope to be successful later in life, but more importantly I hope I am happy doing whatever it is I am doing.”  

HC: “What’s your favorite thing about Bonaventure?”

AC: “I’ve met some incredible people during my short time here.  I’ve made some incredible friends here (shout out to Jessica Miller) and the faculty and staff at the J School are awesome.  The education that I’ve gotten here is also invaluable.”

I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.
I'm a sophomore journalism and mass communication major at St. Bonaventure University.