Campus Celebrity: Alexandra Pochop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Alexandra Pochop

Nicknames: Alex, Chop, Porkchop

Major: undecided business

Hometown: South Burlington, Vermont

Favorite Activities: “Playing soccer, reading, hanging out with my friends and eating food.”

Her Campus: “How do you balance playing soccer and schoolwork?”

Alexandra Pochop: “I have a planner and map out not only what I need to do, but when I am going to do it. I also make sure to put in my practice and game times.”

HC: “What made you decide to play soccer at Bonaventure?”

AP: “I guess as any athlete you always aspire to play at that highest level possible, and Bonaventure gave me that opportunity. When I came to visit, I loved all the girls I met on the team and I just knew it was a good fit.”

HC: “What is your favorite thing about playing soccer at Bona’s?”

AP: “The team chemistry is awesome. Being on a team with your best friends that you know you will have for the rest of your life is great.

HC: “What’s your biggest motivation?”

AP: “My team motivates me. Last year we didn’t make it to A10s, so this year that’s something our team is really striving for.”

HC: “Your mom is an alumni! Did that play into your decision to come to Bona’s?”

AP: “Yes. I’ve obviously known and have been told about Bonaventure my whole life. Originally Bonaventure was not my first choice, however while visiting I realized that all alumnus loved it here as much as she does! The strong sense of community here made me feel even more confident that this was the right school for me.”

HC: “What is your dream job?”

AP: “I would love to work on Wall Street as a financial analyst.”

HC: “What is something that you think people would be surprised to know about you?

AP: “I played the piano for eight years.”

HC: “What’s your favorite show to binge watch on Netfilx?”

AP: “Definitely ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘Lost’ and ‘Pretty Little Liars.’”

HC: “Do you have a favorite quote?”

AP: “My dad says it all the time, ‘Your worst day is your best day.’ It sounds confusing but it means that you can learn from your worst days and turn them into something better.”

St. Bonaventure University Journalism & Mass Communication and Strategic Communications & Digital Media double major. I'm from Binghamton, New York and SBU's Her Campus senior editor. My life is like my hair– messy and uncontrollable.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.