The Best Way to Stay Connected with College Pals over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

As my first semester comes to an end, I am so thankful for all the friends I have made at St. Bonaventure University. I have already made friendships that will last a lifetime. I am going to miss St. Bonaventure so much over the Christmas break. I was so lucky to have found friends that live close to me – I am from Long Island and my friends are from New Jersey, Philadelphia, Queens, Connecticut, Staten Island, New York, and Warwick, New York. This makes it possible to see each over the break. We have one friend from Buffalo. We love having a friend that lives so close to Bona’s because she gives us the insights about Western New York. Over the Christmas break, my friends and I are going to the Men’s Basketball game against Saint Joe’s University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. on Jan. 6. My friend lives only 20 minutes from Saint Joe’s and we are going to stay with her for the weekend. We thought this was a great way for the eight of us to see each other. We will be able to show our Bonnie’s pride in Philadelphia.

My friend group has become so close that we are upset to leave for Christmas break. Over the midterm and Thanksgiving break my friends and I would talk within our group chat every day. Since social media is such a big part of our lives, it isn’t a problem staying connected. My friends and I are also trying to plan more weekends to see each other. One of my friends only lives 20 minutes from me, it’s crazy because most of the people that go to Bona’s are from surrounding areas in Western NY. We want to meet up and plan a New York City trip with anyone that can make it.

My advice to everyone who is trying to stay connected to their friends is to make a time to meet up. Since the Christmas break is a whole month long, it can be upsetting to not see your college pals. Make an effort to snap them, text and ask them how their day is going, or even give them a Facetime call! The friends I have made feel more like my sisters than anything, keeping in contact is a must. I am excited to see my family and friends from home, but I cannot wait to return to St. Bonaventure for next semester!

Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust