This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

The weather is turning a bit cold, the oversized cozy and warm sweaters are coming out, and I’m beginning to spend my nights with my fingers wrapped around a warm beverage binge watching Netflix or reading a book. Fall is my favorite season for many reasons. I love the colors, the scents, and tastes in this season more than any other. Not to mention I enjoy having an excuse to stay inside a bit more. Due to these reasons, I’ve decided to create a list of what I’m loving at this particular time, and what I believe makes fall most enjoyable.

As the colder months roll around, though, I have to up my skincare game. My hands become dry and I just need more moisture over all. So I make sure to have lotion somewhere on hand at all times, whether it be my bedside, in my backpack, or at my desk at work. My personal favorite right now is the Pumpkin Latte scented lotion by Bath & Body Works. Luckily for us at Bonaventure, there’s a store right in town!

Also, to make my space cozy and smelling good, I’ve been lighting a couple of candles in my room. If you’re on a budget like me, I would suggest hitting up Marshall’s. They have TONS of inexpensive yummy smelling candles. Not to mention, they also have a bunch of budget-friendly autumn and Halloween decor.

Another thing which I thoroughly enjoy during the fall is the vampy makeup, which I feel like I can only wear during this particular season. For my eyes I have been using the Huda Beauty palette which is filled with warm toned hues, perfect for fall. I’ve also been using the E.l.f liquid vinyl liner for a bold wing which lasts all day and night; perfect for the busy college gal who has no time for touch-ups! To get the I’ve-been-dead-for-over-a-century chiseled cheekbones trend (ya know what I’m talking about, right?) I’ve been using NARS Laguna bronzer. On my lips I have been enjoying the Too Faced Peach KISS Sunday Funday matte lipstick. For my manicure, I’ve been loving the Essie shade “Wicked.” Again, we’re lucky to have a Sephora in Olean!

Can we hear for warm drinks in the fall? Aside from the usual pumpkin latte in La Verna or the warm apple cider at Dunkin’, I’ve been trying new teas at the Union Tea Cafe in Olean. My forever favorite will be their Lady Sansa tea. Although it’s quite florally, it definitely warms the body and soul in cooler months.

One of my all time favorites, though, are the crisp and cozy nights spent cuddled with a blanket watching Netflix. If you want to get into the eerie vibes pre-Halloween, the latest Black Mirror season will definitely give you chills. The next thing I’ve been watching recently is Mad Men. Though the show has no particular relevancy for the fall seasons, it’s a bingeworthy watch.

So with all that said, I hope you enjoy back to school and the autumn vibes. Stay cozy and let’s make this a hot girl fall.

I’m a graduate student at St. Bonaventure in the IMC program. I’ve been in HerCampus since freshman year! I love writing and reading, which is why I’m the senior editor ?
As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.