This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. A lot of students I’ve talked to are ready for a break. Many people seem to be very tired and feel burnt out at this point in the semester. Trust me, I have felt way a little bit too. But as I reflected on what I am grateful for, I realized that I should not take things for granted.

I get tired of reading, studying and working on group projects. But even though I sometimes dread my schoolwork, I have to remember how thankful I am for my education. My parents have always taught me to value knowledge. I have learned so much from the professors here at St. Bonaventure. I am so thankful for all their hard work to plan lessons and teach students.

I love the clubs that I am a part of. I edit for the school newspaper. Wednesday nights are late nights. I have to edit stories and submit them to the managing editor and editor-in-chief. Then, I send the stories back to the writers to make their edits. Then I can finally mess around in InDesign and start formatting the pages. Sometimes I get frustrated when the pages aren’t going how I planned. But, I am thankful for the experience of editing a paper. I also am so appreciative of my fellow editors who come to my rescue whenever I get stuck.

Writing for Her Campus is very fun and therapeutic. Writing is a lot of work. But it is fun work. Sometimes it can feel like a chore, especially when I have lots of other assignments and projects to work on, but I am very thankful for the opportunity to express myself through student-run platforms. Having a total student-run media on campus is a huge deal. It is great to be responsible for sharing people’s stories and spreading information.

Sometimes I do get into arguments with my parents and fights with my siblings. But, after all, they are my family, and I love them very much. I am so grateful for my family. They are very supportive of my plans and future goals. A lot has changed from the beginning of college to now. They have been super flexible and helped me figure out my path. I appreciate everything my parents do for me and the opportunities I have been given because of their hard work. My siblings are also very supportive and cheer me on every step of the way.

I love my friends. They are always there for me. I can count on them for anything and everything. They are always up for spontaneous adventures. They are willing to have a random dance party with me. It’s crazy to see how much we have grown together since freshmen year. We can have serious conversations and silly conversations. I even love how no one takes Uno seriously since we know someone is bound to try something sneaky.

I am very grateful for so many people and opportunities in my life. Sometimes I do have to remind myself not to take them for granted. Thanksgiving is the season of reminding yourself to be appreciative of all you have.

Hi!! I'm Kelsey and I'm a senior strategic communication major at St. Bonaventure University. I love reading, writing, listening to podcasts and walking!