This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Over the holiday break, I got to soak up so many amazing moments with all of my loved ones, including my birthday.

On January 11 I turned 19 years old.

Every year as the number on the cake gets bigger, I start to reflect more and more about the years that came before me, and who I am now as opposed to the year before or even many years before.

Upon this reflection, I had the fun idea to compile a list of 19 things that make me who I am: 19-year-old Audney Burnside!

Here they are (in no particular order):

1. The Catcher in the rye

We’re starting off strong with my favorite book. I’ve read it at least once every year since the 8th grade. It means the world to me and I will never tire of it. Read it!!!

2. Taylor Swift

An inspiration to me even as a five year old girl, her music, character and continuing trend of destroying records keeps her very prevalent in who I am. I’m even wearing my 1989 cardigan while writing this!

3. Cats

More specifically I’m referencing my cat son Talulah/Bug/Talulah Bug. I rescued him from the middle of nowhere and now he is my bestie. We are not beating the “all pets look like their owners” allegations. All cats are great though.

4. Music in general

I would die if I couldn’t listen to music almost all of the time. I love discovering new music, listening to my faves over and over again and sharing music with my loved ones. My record collection is huge! Shoutout to my dad for introducing me to so much incredible music in my lifetime.

5. Sweet treats

A sweet treat is just a daily essential at this point. If I’m not baking one, I’m finding one somewhere, guaranteed.

6. Cowboy Like me

My favorite song ever. Forever and ever.

7. Spontaneous trips

Im always up for an adventure. I am the one that books a trip the night before or will sit down in the Hickey and say “Let’s go out to dinner” and end up somewhere an hour away. I have lived so many incredible experiences this way. Even though I highly recommend, my wallet says otherwise.

8. Shoes

I have an expansive shoe collection. I love having a different pair of shoes on everyday and coordinating them perfectly to my outfit. You can imagine how hard it was for me to pick which pairs to bring to college.

9. Puzzles

This year of life (although having just started) specifically rekindled my love for puzzles. I never feel so at peace than when I am putting a puzzle together. There is a container under my bed I pull out every night so my boyfriend and I can work on whatever incomplete puzzle sits on top of it.

10. Playlists

You bet I’m making a playlist for everything. My favorite movies? Yes. My favorite literary characters? Yes. Oddly specific moments in life? OMG yes. Playlists, playlists, playlists!

11. Bows

Anything with a bow on it… I need it. My uggs have bows tied to the back, my hair gets tied in bows, I have numerous clothing items adorned with bows, bow earrings, bow everything!

12. Pink

This one is so funny because as a young child I absolutely despised the color pink and would refuse to even be in the room with it. Now I absolutely adore it! I love pink everything. My room is full of it, my clothes are covered in it, even my stationary items scream pink. Yay pink!

13. Activism

So much of who I am is fighting for peoples rights to be who they are! I love being an activist and let that lead me in so many fulfilling, and also exciting, ways in my life.

14. Trivia

I am such a trivia nerd. I learned from my dad how essential it is to have extremely random and unimportant factoids in my back pocket. Trivia Tuesday is my safe place… that is the hill I will die on. Guys, please someone play me on Trivia Crack.

15. Sushi

My favorite food ever. Most of my family thinks it’s disgusting, and so I really didn’t get to discover my love for it until I was more independent, but still. I’m obsessed. It is actually so good.

16. Running

I love to run! In my delusional dream world I am an influencer for Hoka. My years of running track in high school and pushing in a competitive nature, turned into a a joy for peaceful and endorphin boosting runs! Outside or on the treadmill, I’m gonna run!

17. Shirley temples

If I had to pick any drink to have, I’d pick this one. It tastes so good. If I WAS a drink, I’d be this one. I am fun and fizzy and so cute. Love love love!

18. NAILS

I always need my nails done. It is essential. I feel like it completes me when I have a super cute set of nails on. Of course I’ve become resourceful and learned how to do them myself with my college budget, and everyone knows I always have them done.

19. HER CAMPUS!

I LOVE being a writer for Her Campus. It is such a great outlet for voicing my endless thoughts and sharing my passions. I also really love the sisterhood it has given me, since I get to be surrounded by other women who are so fun, supporting and similar to me! I feel pretty cool and accomplished too, I won’t lie.

Here’s to many more birthdays, and even more self discovery! <3

Audney Burnside is a new writer for the St. Bonaventure Her Campus chapter. She publishes articles weekly, spanning the topics of music, lifestyle and popular culture. She hopes to further the amazing creativity that her chapter of Her Campus has to share with the world. Audney is currently a freshman at St. Bonaventure University, studying Public Health in the 3+2 Occupational Therapy Master's program. A new college student, as well as a new member of Her Campus, Audney brings her history of involvement in many programs at her high school, Le Roy Jr/Sr High School. She was the project manager of her chapter of the National Honor society, had the opportunity to write a couple of pieces for the local paper, served her community habitually as a member of her towns Rotary InterACT, and led a team in Scholastic Bowl. As well as Her Campus, Audney is a member of SBU’s honors program, SBU for Equality, and Bona Buddies. Apart from academics, Audney’s life revolves around the music she loves, outdoorsy adventures, and her best friends. Audney is a devoted cat mom and enthusiastic nature explorer, who loves kayaking with her family, takes way too much pride in her recent Taylor Swift concert attendance, and will bring up The Catcher in the Rye at any moment possible.