This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Self care shouldn’t JUST be in your 2023 New Year’s resolutions. School is back in session and
it’s easy to get caught up in your studies while neglecting your mind and body. Here are a few
simple ways to relax and rejuvenate.
MIND
To declutter some of my thoughts, I invested in a good quality journal. If it’s more convenient for
you, jot things down in your phone’s notes app. Sometimes it’s easier to process and analyze
our thoughts when we expel them into writing. A great way to regulate your thoughts and/or
emotions!
BODY
On weekdays I start my mornings with a 10-minute yoga session. Beginner friendly yoga is
optimal for something quick and easy on the joints. I simultaneously play meditative frequencies
on YouTube to help me focus. Play rain sounds, some neo-soul, or whatever works for you!
Sipping on kombucha or green juice also helps me feel refreshed in the morning!
Soul
Take a break from social media. Explore your hobbies or try something new! Many young adults
unhealthily look to social media for societal “standards” or norms. For someone transitioning into
adulthood this can brew insecurities and confusion. Take some time to detach and figure out
who you are without the internet!
Putting yourself first is a priority, not a resolution. Dwelling on the negative can jeopardize your
sanity and as a student that can be super overwhelming. Incorporate one of these tips into your
routine and slowly notice the cup go from half empty to half full.

Imani Williams

Savannah '24

One of the newest members of the HerCampus Savannah chapter.