This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

When a serious relationship ends, you feel like it’s the end of the world. You feel like a whole piece of your heart has been ripped out of your chest. The person you devoted everything to is no longer with you in that way. These feelings are not over dramatized, and they should not be undermined. Whether your breakup is one-sided or mutual, ending a relationship is never an easy process. In the midst of your heartbreak you find yourself asking “What am I supposed to do now?” I admit, I am guilty of asking myself this. However, the best answer to that question is to heal. Healing is easier said than done, but it is not impossible. Healing is restoration. It is growing again after hard times. It is expressing your emotions without fear of judgement. It is affirmation and acknowledgement. Healing is self-care.  It is acceptance and relief. But most importantly, healing is finding “you” again. Often times when you leave a long-term relationship, you forget who you are as a sole individual. This is simply because you have spent so much time intertwined with someone else. Now that you are out of a relationship, embrace this time by doing things for yourself. Remember who you were before the relationship and build from that. Consider doing everything on your “I want to try this” list. Be kind to yourself and remember what makes you unapologetically you. Try to bring your eternal happiness back by enjoying your own company. Rebuild and strengthen the sense of who you are, independent of the relationship. Healing is affirming yourself as a strong individual who can get through dark times. Always remember that this process takes time indeed, but never forget to heal for the sake of your wellbeing.

Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.
Mesi Moore

Savannah '22

Hello! My name is Tho’Mesia Moore, but you can call me Mesi. I am from a small town called Claxton, Ga and currently attend Savannah State University. I am a Social Work Major and joined Her Campus Savannah my freshman year. I love writing to spread knowledge, give people a different perspective of looking at things, and inspiring others. Check out my articles below ❤️