My Current Dilemma With Guys : Can Anyone Relate?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Is it just me or does it feel like guys are scared of commitment? It’s like the idea of them being with one person for an extended period of time is unnatural. Why is it that they want to go on dates, kiss and cuddle, build a connection, have sex and enjoy each other’s company but … as friends? It’s like they are afraid of going passed a friendship and quite frankly its annoying. It is annoying because you start preparing yourself mentally and emotionally for this person and then they don’t want to take it to the next level. It feels like an effort was made for no reason. Especially when you genuinely liked them. For me personally, it makes me feel like I did something wrong making them not want to commit. While this being my current situation, I often think of the song “Doing It Wrong”. Drake sang, “We live in a generation of, not being in love, and not being together. But we sure make it feel like we’re together ‘Cause we’re scared to see each other with somebody else”. Is this their reasoning or are they simply just not ready? Can anyone else relate?

Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.
Mesi Moore

Savannah '22

Hello! My name is Tho’Mesia Moore, but you can call me Mesi. I am from a small town called Claxton, Ga and currently attend Savannah State University. I am a Social Work Major and joined Her Campus Savannah my freshman year. I love writing to spread knowledge, give people a different perspective of looking at things, and inspiring others. Check out my articles below ❤️