This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Without a doubt, music is something that keeps many of us going.

Over time plenty of cultures used music for healing and/or medicines. I wouldn’t say that music has per se “healing powers” but it does help in many ways that may look as if. For instance, music can aid in reducing heart rates and lowering blood pressure. Not only does music also ease anxiety, but it can also help improve a person’s mood and sleep. With music from all genres being included in our everyday lives, there’s really no way to get around it. Hence, the background music that’s in restaurants, Doctor’s offices, stores, cars, and many other places. Music supports our physical, mental, and emotional health. Ever heard an old song and memories of the past or a person randomly flood your mind? Everyone has had a rough day and listened to a song or songs that instantly made that rough day turn into a good one. Next time you feel a certain type of way turn to music and watch it’ll do wonders.

Tkhai Heyward

Savannah '24

Hey Guys, My name is Tkhai Heyward & I am a proud new memento of the Savannah State University Her Campus. Born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina. Just a Virgo who loves writing <3.