This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

Hi Hercampus readers! My name is Morgan Croff and I have the pleasure of meeting with the beautiful Luwam Dichma. Luwam is a junior English major and this is her first year in HerCampus.

Interviewer;Morgan: Hi Luwam

Luwam: Hi Morgan

Morgan: Lets go ahead and get started.

Morgan: What is your name and where are you from?

Luwam: My name is Luwam Dichma. I was born in Germany and then my mom and I moved to Chicago when I was only eight years old.

Morgan: Wow that’s so cool. I have never visited Germany but I have heard so much about it.

Luwam: Yes I am in a military based family

Morgan: What is your favorite part about your hometown?

Luwam: When considering that my home is Germany, I really loved how clean Germany is, and the connection I have with my family. My grandma, aunts, uncles, and all other family members still live in Germany, and there is a huge community of Habisha (Ethiopian/Eritrean people) in Germany that makes me feel connected to my culture. In terms of Chicago also being my hometown, I love how big the city is, and that there’s so much to do downtown.

Morgan: I love that! I love how you have pride in where you are from.

Morgan: What are some of your hobbies?

Luwam: Outside of writing, I like to go on adventures and be outdoors, doing activities like kayaking and hiking. I love to read fantasy and science fiction books as well

Morgan: Super adventurous!

Morgan: My next is why did you choose to attend Savannah State?

Luwam:  I chose Savannah State because of its location. Savannah is close to beaches and Florida, and I would like to travel.

Morgan: I completely agree. The schools location makes it so much more enjoyable. There is always fun things to do including the beach.

Morgan: What do you like most about HBCU’s?

Luwam:  I really love attending an HBCU because I love being around black people, and being immersed in the culture as well.

Morgan: I agree, its no better feeling than being around black people who are reaching success. HBCUs are remarkable

Luwam: I couldn’t agree more

Morgan: What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?

Luwam: My major is English, and there are two things I plan to do with it. My first option is to go to law school and become a corporate lawyer, or to become an editor at one of the major publishing houses.

Morgan: I am also a English major! I think both options will be a great fit for you. In the end just make the best decision for yourself.

Luwam: Thank you. I have a passion for writing so I always want that to be apart of my prospective career.

Morgan: So when did you begin writing?

Luwam: I began writing at around 3rd grade. I wrote a couple of short stories that won awards at my school, so I kept on practicing my craft and immersing myself in different genres. I ended up really liking fantasy, I love making up worlds and characters, it’s a joy.

Morgan: That’s so cool. I feel like a lot of people begin writing at such a young age! I also love the stories you have uploaded on the site thus far.

Morgan: How did you find out about HerCampus?

Luwam: I found out about HerCampus through my good friend Paris. Paris is also in the writing team. I was really excited about joining when she told me about it.

Morgan: Yes, Paris is so sweet. Im glad she introduced you to HerCampus.

Luwam: Me too (smiles).

Morgan: How do you want readers to feel after reading your work?

Luwam:   I want readers to become immersed in my writings, and to expand their mind and let go of all rational thought, and enjoy the moment.

Morgan: What is a quote that you live by?

Luwam: “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory”. I believe people should make everything count.

Morgan: My final question Luwam. Where do you see yourself in the next ten years?

Luwam:  In the next ten years,  I see myself in a corner office overlooking skyscrapers in a big city, either as a lawyer or an editor. I see myself married and with a successful career. I hope by that time that I would have traveled many countries, and experienced different cultures within those countries.

Morgan: The beautiful Luwam Dichma and this is HerStory.

Luwam Dichma

Savannah '23

Hey! My name is Luwam Dichma, and I am a junior at Savannah State University. I'm an avid science fiction and fantasy reader and movie watcher. I also love to write fantasy fiction stories. Aside from writing, I'm a very adventurous person. Hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, sky diving, all of it sounds like the perfect way to spend a summer afternoon.