Red Roses
Red Roses
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

February 14th of every year is recognized as Valentines Day. Valentines Day has different meanings for everyone. For some it’s all about chocolates and roses and red shaped hearts. For others it’s a day for spending quality time with a significant other. Regardless of what Valentine’s Day is viewed as, it is indeed a special holiday. To me Valentines Day is so special because it represents the concept of love Love is one of the most profound emotions known to human beings. It is the deepest form of affection. The love of self, love of others, love of humanity is all represented on this special day. On the 14th of February, people from all walks of life show love towards others and towards themselves. In this world so many people forget that they are loved and appreciated by others.  So many people forget to show love to themselves. This is because life can be so hectic and demanding. We often forget the love. But for this one day, this one special day in February, it all comes back to us. We remember that we have someone in this world who loves us. But most importantly we remember that Love is beautiful. We remember that Love is needed. We remember that it is both patient and kind. This is why Valentine’s Day is an amazing holiday. I hope everyone has a beautiful Valentine’s Day filled with the most genuine form of love.

Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.