jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cheers to a Successful Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

​A new year means the start of a new semester. Classes are back in session and campuses are filled with students. Are you ready? If you made mistakes last semester or have any regrets, now is your chance to do things differently. Take advantage of this fresh new start. Here are some tips on how to make this semester your best one yet! Good Luck.

1. Write down your goals.

It is important to write down your goals because sometimes when we see something it affects how we act. Instead of just thinking about everything you want to accomplish, write it down. It will definitely boost your motivation.  

2. Get Organized

Getting organized is often easier said than done but it is not impossible. Start by decluttering and cleaning out your personal areas. Get some cute organizers if you want to spice it up a bit.  Being organized is all about being comfortable in your space. 

3. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE

This is something I personally did a lot last semester. Try not to wait until the last minute to complete your tasks. Procrastinating causes stress and sometimes error in your assignments. Use your time wisely. Familiarize yourself with all of your deadlines and write them down. Make a mental schedule of when you should complete everything in advance to prevent last minute pressure. 

4. Stay Focused 

Remember your reasons for being in college and never let go of them Try not to lose sight of the big picture, the main goal. In college, it is easy to venture into various things that may not be related to your successful collegiate experience. Always remember to make the best decisions. 

5. Practice Self-Care and Affirmations.

Treat yourself with love and care. Take some time to make sure you are good mentally, physically and emotionally. Set up a routine to build a strong relationship with yourself. Tis will also help build strong relationships with others. In addition to practicing self-care, it is important to affirm yourself. Think positive instead of negative. Try to be optimistic. But most importantly, think highly of yourself. In college it is common to sometimes lose yourself but always remember the beauty of who you are. 

Have a great semester everyone!

Morgan Croff

Savannah '23

A look inside the mind of a 22 -year-old black girl navigating life.
Mesi Moore

Savannah '22

Hello! My name is Tho’Mesia Moore, but you can call me Mesi. I am from a small town called Claxton, Ga and currently attend Savannah State University. I am a Social Work Major and joined Her Campus Savannah my freshman year. I love writing to spread knowledge, give people a different perspective of looking at things, and inspiring others. Check out my articles below ❤️