stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Adapting When It Feels Like You Have Nothing or Anyone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

For some people, they still have not made any new friends or been involved in any activities. It can seem like you’re alone, but it’s important to know that you are not. There are a few things I can suggest that might help. Sometimes you must have patience; good things come when you stop looking or expecting it. There are other times where you may feel the need to expand. By that, I mean dive into lost or new hobbies. Do things you enjoy, and this can distract you from the feelings you currently possess. If you don’t love something, it will become a chore and not a passion. Try something you never have. Go out more. Get involved in on-campus activities. Take yourself out or treat yourself at home. Stop depending on other people to make things happen or dictate your happiness. I guarantee if you wait on everyone, you’ll probably never go or do what you really want to. Dedicate a day out of the week that is strictly focused on your health. Consider counseling. Take 30 minutes to an hour out of your day to do things you enjoy. If you’re usually stuck in the house, leave it. Take a walk or change your scenery. Sometimes the feelings can be associated with the environment or people you’re around. If they’re toxic, gradually distance yourself and work on yourself. Growth is never a negative thing. Remember that anything is possible. If you feel like you’re at rock bottom now, know that there’s only one direction you can go from here and that’s up. You got this.

Caleisha Tabor is a senior at Savannah State University. When she isn't napping or studying, she spends time volunteering and watching Netflix. She aspires to travel and become polylingual one day.