This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Savannah chapter.

This lifestyle many hear about but not many can relate to. Growing up I have always played sports, so I  have  been in this game for a minute. When you look up the definition of a student-athlete it states, “ A full-time or part -time student of university or college who also participates in an organized and competitive athletic program offered by the school”. My personal definition of a student- athlete is “ An individual that has dedicated their life to a certain lifestyle.  A lifestyle that is like a little child that  needs attention 24/8 and if  not given attention you will suffer consequences”. Being a collegiate Athlete is literally a job,  a job you have to show up to everyday not skipping a beat. 6am is my best-friend. It’s the first person I see when I wake up.

What Young Thug said “Did a lot of shh just to live this here LIFESTYLE”   

Yeahh!!! 

I definitely relate to this statement, because it took a lot to get to where I am now in this lifestyle.  This Lifestyle is not only time demanding but it can take a toll on your physical and mental health.  Being a student-athlete requires being disciplined by keeping your priorities in order. You are a student first and an athlete second both can be very stressful especially when you are trying to juggle things in this college life.

This LIFESTYLE is not for the weak !!!  So shout at my collegiate  Student- Athletes.

Langsten Lilly

Savannah '26

Hello, My name is Langsten Lilly. I attend the Luxurious Savannah State University. I hold writing dear to my heart because its a way I can express my emotions and spread encouragement others to do the same.