This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

What Am I Thankful For?

I think that’s a question we all have at this time of the year, or that someone else is asking of us. What are we thankful for? Some say I am thankful for getting to live another day; others say I am thankful for the roof over my head. Myself? I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful that I still have my parents because some people don’t have that joy. This is the time of year where we need to be more thankful, as we always should be, especially this time of year. My father is the second oldest of seven and I can name all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. My family is a very important aspect of my life. If someone were to ask me if I could go back and be born into a different family, I would say no. We may not always get along, but they are my family. 

I am also thankful for St. Ambrose University. If I would not have applied here I would not be writing this right now. I wouldn’t be getting the dorm experience I always have wanted. I am twenty-four years of age, I never thought I would get that experience. I am apart of the Bachelors of Social Work program here at SAU and I am thankful for the friends I have made here so far at SAU. I am so grateful for this school that has led me to this beautiful program. 

Some members of the BSW program here at St. Ambrose gave me some feedback on what they are thankful for. Tommy Taylor says that “As a cancer survivor, I am thankful for every single moment of life.” Life passes by in the blink of an eye, we are only given this one life. So living life to the fullest is how we should always live life as such. 

We all have things to be thankful for in this life whether or not we see them all. We all come together in times of need. I am thankful for my community and how we work together. I am also thankful for the members of Her Campus. I am thankful that I decided to join. I am thankful that I am able to experience all that I can here at St. Ambrose.

What are you thankful for this year?

Pictures Provided By: Ashley Ploog

Hello! My name is Ashley Ploog! I am a Senior here at Saint Ambrose University! I am in the Bachelors of Social Work program here. Some of my hobbies include working on my books, reading, singing, designing clothing sets on shoplook, and spending time with my goddaughter. I love reading articles and I am so excited to start writing them again!