A Time to be Thankful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s crazy to think that this semester is practically over. It feels like just yesterday I was moving into my new room and now, almost three months later, I’m heading home for Thanksgiving break. Once we get back to campus it will be a whirlwind of tying up loose ends: exams, projects, final papers. I wish I could take a pass on all that, stay home and hang out with my mom and my dog! Maybe because it’s the holiday season , but I’m feeling a bit sentimental. Time at home means lots of time spent with family and in lieu of all the end-of-semester craziness and stress it’s just what I need! Sadly, we’re all busy, so for some of us Thanksgiving break might not even feel like a break. But it’s important to remember why we’re home, for Thanksgiving, to give thanks. Take a little time to be thankful for everything you have: your family, friends, taking a shower with good water pressure, home cooked meals, football, the list could go on forever.

For me, I am thankful for my family, especially my wonderful parents. I was lucky enough to spend family weekend with them and carted them around Davenport to all my favorite spots. We even checked something off my SAU bucket list, bowling at the Hotel Blackhawk.

I hope you and your loved ones have a great Thanksgiving and an even better holiday season. Remember to show your appreciation for the people you love.

On that note, thank you all for being such loyal readers of Her Campus SAU. We are thankful for all of you!