Life > Experiences

Thoughts on This College Semester

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Hello there! This is going to be a stream of consciousness type of piece from me, but just bear with me while I go through it all. This little mini article is just meant to reflect my journey this semester, and it really has been kind of a crazy journey, so buckle up!

First things first, I was an understudy in a musical, and that was a really exciting and super valuable experience to have. When I first was offered the understudy role, I will admit, I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I can’t pretend that the pressure of knowing all the lines and blocking just as much as the main actor in the worst case scenario that I would ever have to go on stage and perform as him, wasn’t a little taxing, but I really do think it got me some valuable experience, and was one of my favorite memories of the year. Especially since so many of my old (and plenty of new) friends were involved with it, and it just made me very happy. 

Speaking of being happy, I was also able to do more writing and readings! More specifically I was able to perform at a reading for the site launch of a very close friend Janey Locander who’s also a member of the Augustanna chapter of hercampus! I really do love nothing more than getting the chance to perform up on the stage, especially when it’s a reading of poetry. 

On top of all this, as mentioned a little above, I got to meet so many old returning friends, and brand new ones! I can’t pretend that I don’t have extreme F.O.M.O. whenever I don’t get to hang out with them, but every single person that has been a good friend of mine on campus, has always been a major highlight of any of my days just to see them.

But more importantly when it comes to friends, obviously some of the most important ones that I’ve made were with all the HerCampus girlies first and foremost. Every single member, and everyone involved in the club has been so supportive of my identity and where I come from as a woman, and it has meant the absolute world to me. So I wanted to thank you SAU HerCampus, for letting me find another place that I can call home.

Esther Windt is an editor for HC @SAU. Beyond HC, Esther is involved in campus. She is a part of the board for Theatre Appreciation Club as well as the editorial team for the Quercus literary magazine. She is also involved in theatre productions put on by SAU theatre. She also works as a writing tutor with the Student Success Center on campus. She is majoring (Creative Writing Concentration) and Theology. In her free time, she likes to go on runs, writes frequently, as well as watch TV and drinks lots of coffee. A fun fact about Esther is she's never broken a bone