Think Pink: Girl Power on the Silver Screen!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This Thursday, October 24th at 9p.m, Her Campus SAU is planning a late night event at the Beehive in Ambrose Hall. This event will be showing Legally Blonde and there will be activities like massages from La’James College and tons of snacks!

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Her Campus SAU is raising awareness and support of this wonderful cause. This event will be a great reminder of the woman of all ages who have fought courageously against Breast Cancer. To benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, there will be a suggested donation of $2.

In November of 2006, my Aunt Lynn was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. Going in for a normal check-up, the doctors found a lump on her breast. Wanting to make sure that everything was okay, they took some tests. As the tests came back positive, Lynn knew there was a long journey ahead, not only for her, but for her two daughters as well. Over the next several months, Lynn received a mastectomy, and went through chemo. In the spring of 2007, she was free of cancer! She kicked the cancer in its butt and said goodbye to it! In 2011, Lynn joined 27 other cancer survivors and climbed Mount Everest! Not only is she a fighter, but a believer that all things are possible!

Come join us in the Beehive and help us celebrate the lives of the woman who have fought Breast Cancer! 

Hi readers! My name is Mary Blesz! I am a sophomore at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. I am double majoring in Marketing and Management, with minors in Public Relations and Organizational Leadership! I am involved with Residence Life on campus, and also cannot wait to help with St. Ambrose's Dance Marathon! Helping out the kids is such a fulfilling thing I have done in the past and can't wait to see where this goes! FTK (For the Kids!)When I am not busy with the mountian full of homework I always have, I will normally be seen with all my friends! My friends are great group of people that I have met here at Ambrose! College has opened my eyes to so many new people! It is kind of interesting to me to meet people from all over; like Chicago (lots of my friends are from the area) and even people who loved in the same hometown!!!I have a huge "passion for fashion." I love to see what is most popular, and incorporate the latest trends within my own style. My style has a mixture of what my mood of the day is! One day I can pull out the high-waisted shorts and the crop top and flaunt my ombre hair, and then another day, wear the classic peplum top, with my hair pulled into a fashionable bun! I love reading about the latest trends and expressing it through my own personal style! I hope you enjoy what I can share with you through my own experiences and stories! Enjoy!!!!