Some of King’s Harvest Pet Rescue’s Residents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

nzCIDNfYxUhvbKAGelN5xLnZeAOyZvvApVX

Meet Skunk! He is a one year old Lab/Pit mix and weighs roughly 40 pounds. He can be shy and timid at first but loves to play! He does well with other dogs, unsure about cats but can be tested!

2KyZFw3c7DU4reBHZs1b3oC93KoNF5nHIwpY7JCgtTnFX2EYCu9sM9

This is Tuffs! She is an adult tabby and lost her ears due to ear mites or frostbite during her time as an outdoor cat.

ncFmWhHjhw57Mq52 aChPC0U KdCLZVqKpyZVAXEpYT jgAzLdSGnn3e vkMrm7R0q8 6TYVyeDHJZuHV9i6IgKCGfgmCtc8oRUwa4QKyoRIVNb0tCwGeiURwEncN28j6lcI 5VsmVfHLm1L0hoLwbA

Meet Joanie! She is a two year old Kelpie mix that weighs about 45 pounds. Joanie can be a little anxious so a home with another dog is recommended because she loves to have another canine friend to play with. However, she does not like cat friends so only dogs for her!
ZVX Nj SRKkv4kVdvdhBZ9 sjRjmVdYinRNcneybBUN7rro5IPVq4Wu16SPhgY2PS4Xu86i9Up z43JuJigtrZwX5Vc0P0b9BAHaqjQZh3RBSEv3fbL14zafY0IMTzV6IL73db0k hSDeSoj Whbpo

These two are Kolby Jack and Nipsy! Both male cats and about one year old, Kolby Jack is an orange tabby and Nipsy is black and white. They get along really well so it would be lovely for them to be adopted together but it is not necessary!
U Cskywc3Hus6n9JLJow OsCLGT6n9DZ6VRayXT 5LCu5mWwxvGUrao6q4vu9zR1fdblqDFhvAo3rxwGtAmpNL 9m17aCiU GSUMf5c iMho SrK6AHucT8NwVPOT3797PQUWqb07dB00k5LOo8 w0

Meet Oreo! He is a one year old Dane/Pit mix that weighs about 67 pounds. Oreo does great with other dogs and children, unsure about cats but can be tested!

King’s Harvest Pet Rescue is a no-kill shelter located at 2504 W Central Park Avenue in Davenport, Iowa. They are almost always at maximum capacity because they take in more homeless animals as soon as some get adopted out. Their adoption fees are as follows: Adult cats are $80, kittens are $100, and dogs range from $200-$300 depending on age and breed. The adoption process is thorough to ensure that the pets are finding good homes. You can fill out an application for adoption in person or on their website, kingsharvestpetrescue.org .  If you have any questions, they can be contacted at 563-386-3117 or kingsharvestpetrescue@gmail.com .

Stop in for the possibility of meeting your new best friend!

Kirsten is an editor at HC@SAU. Beyond HC, Kirsten is involved on campus with Triota and the Quercus social media and editorial teams. She works at Sweet Pea's Therapy as a rehab assistant. Kirsten is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders. In her free time, Kirsten likes to read books, write, play disc golf, and try out family-owned restaurants! A fun fact about Kirsten is that she loves whale sharks.