This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The content of this article is sensitive and may trigger some viewers. The following contains discussions of sexual assault/related topics. Viewer discretion is advised if you would like to proceed. 

Help is available. You are not alone. This is not your fault.

QUAD CITY LOCAL CRISIS LINES:

Robert Young Center Crisis Line (Call 309-779-2999

Vera French Crisis Line (Call 563-383-1900)

NAMI (Call 1-800-273-TALK)

NATIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT HOTLINE:

National Sexual Assault Hotline (Call 1-800-656-HOPE)

PREGNANCY SERVICES:

Planned Parenthood (Phone 877-859-0551​)

FAMILY RESOURCES – located in nearly all counties across Iowa 

Survivor services: https://www.famres.org/services/survivor-services 

• Counseling and Therapy
  • Support Groups
  • Emergency Crisis Assistance
  • Sheltering and Rapid Rehousing
  • Medical and Legal Advocacy
  • Safety Planning
  • Employment Assistance
  • Education and Awareness
  • Mentoring

Walk-in Crisis Facilities

Open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Davenport  563-468-2310

Moline  309-797-6534

Muscatine  563-263-0067

Jackson, Louisa and Clinton Counties 866-921-3354

St Ambrose University Sexual Assault Awareness Team (SAAT)

https://www.sau.edu/policies/title-ix/sexual-assault-awareness-team#:~:text=Sexual%20Assault%20Awareness%20Team%20(SAAT)&text=Advocates%20serve%20as%20a%20confidential,Ambrose%20Advocate.

The Sexual Assault Awareness Team is a student organization dedicated to raising awareness of sexual assault and domestic violence on campus and promoting healthy relationships. Our mission is to make sure all people have a safe campus free of violence.

SAAT’s Confidential Student Advocates are available to assist and support individuals who have been impacted by sexual assault and domestic violence. Advocates serve as a confidential person to talk to and are able to provide resources and assist in the reporting process. If you would like to speak to an advocate, send an email to saat@sau.edu and ask for a St. Ambrose Advocate.

SEXUAL ASSAULT: If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, you can call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673) or visit hotline.rainn.org.

Mckennah is the twitter manager and is a writer at HC @ SAU. Beyond HC, Mckennah is involved in Dance Marathon and Student Nurses Association! She also works in a hospital as a PCT. Mckennah is majoring in Nursing with a minor in Biology. In her free time, Mckennah likes to read, watch movies, and hang out with her dog and friends! A fun fact about Mckennah is that she has 3 younger brothers aged 3 - 19!