This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The content of this article is sensitive and may trigger some viewers. The following contains discussions of sexual assault/related topics. Viewer discretion is advised if you would like to proceed. 

April is sexual assault awareness month and St. Ambrose University continues to provide reliable resources on the SAU campus to anyone experiencing sexual abuse. St. Ambrose has hosted a variety of events this month to make the campus feel comfortable and heard. The events that occurred have been powerful and uplifting for the campus, and letting people know that the campus cares.

The Sexual Assault Awareness Team of St. Ambrose also has trained advocates and are continuing to train advocates to help with the campus community. Advocates are a strong resource that any student can use at SAU and the advocates are there for the victim. They will do anything for the victim, and the victim gets to decide the next steps.

The Sexual Assault Awareness Team (SAAT) is doing everything possible to help stop sexual abuse on the SAU campus as this is a huge problem on college campuses.

SEXUAL ASSAULT: If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, you can call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline at 800-656-HOPE (4673) or visit hotline.rainn.org.

Hi! My name is Makenna Verdon and I am a sophomore. I am majoring in English as well as Journalism. Besides HerCampus, I am apart of a bowling team, Triota, and SATT at St. Ambrose University! I am very excited for this year!