Quick Tips to Survive a Cubs Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

You can bring food into the park. Feel free to pack a lunch or stop by Subway on the way to the game. But dont forget: hot dogs, cotton candy and nachos always hit the spot. 

The new Park At Wrigley is awesome. If you are feeling crowded or want to exit the game for a little bit, the new Park is the place to go. The Park is attached and you can exit from Gate H. There is fun water fountains, jumbo tron, and a Cubs Store where you can take a picture with theWorld Series trophy. Plus during the summer there will be events such as small concerts, movie nights and wine tastings! 

Get your tickets mailed to you. There is no “print” option anymore, so make sure you either have your tickets mailed to you or you use the MLB app. This will make scanning into the park 10x easier. 

Promo days are key. Fans get excited and will line up out around Addison six hours before the game to get their hands on the promotional item for the day. Keep an eye out for the game day your attending. Some promos are only given out to first 10,000 guests, and it will go by in less than 20 minutes.  

Be prepared for weather. If you know it’s going to sprinkle just a little, bring everything: rain jacket, boots, a towel, maybe a swimsuit. But for real, weather is key and can either make or break your experience.  

**Photos courtesy of MLB.com and Google 

Her Campus at SAU