Plain White T’s and Parachute are coming our way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

SOLD OUT.

After only five hours of sales, tickets for the Plain White T’s and Parachute concert that will be held on campus were completely sold out.

Those students left without tickets were frustrated and confused. But those who got the tickets are still in disbelief.

The enthusiasm of the students about the November 17 concert is greater than the excitement surrounding most events. The Campus Activities Board (CAB) has outdone themselves by planning this big band concert right on campus.

“We have wanted to bring a big band to campus for quite some time,” Lindsey Gibney, Night Life Chair of CAB said. “But we have never really known what direction to go in.”

CAB administered surveys in the cafeteria last semester to get student suggestions. The suggestions were varied but CAB realized how pumped students were about this potential, so they started looking.

Band managers from the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) email Gibney on a regular basis with different possibilities. She received an email about a package including Plain White T’s, Parachute, and Tommy and the High Pilots.

“It was within our budget,” Gibney said, “so I decided to go for it to see if they would accept our offer.”

CAB heard back from the agents at the beginning of October and have been keeping the concert a secret for about two weeks as they plan logistics. After sending an email to the campus community on Tuesday night, tickets went for sale to students on Wednesday morning and were sold out by 1:00pm.

“It was totally unexpected,” Gibney said. “Tickets were supposed to sell to students first and open to the public for $15 next Tuesday. Now that’s not going to happen. It’s awesome.”

Plain White T’s is an American pop punk band that originated in Chicago. They are most well known for their huge hit from our early high school days, “Hey There Delilah.” The group has earned two Grammy nominations and just released a new album earlier in October.

Parachute is an American pop band from Virginia. The band has released three major albums and just completed a 2013 summer tour across the nation. The group is most well-known for their top songs “She Is Love” and “Kiss Me Slowly.”

The bands will perform Sunday, November 17 at 7 p.m. in the Rogalski Center Ballroom. Tickets are currently sold out.

*photo from videokeman.com

Senior at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, IA. Public Relations and Media Studies major. Journalism and Communication Studies minor. Optimist. Health and fitness enthusiast. Student Hall Manager. Crazy about residence life. Campus Tour Guide. Project HEAL Social Media Manager. Hardcore foodie. Lover of crafts and art. Soon-to-be bride.
Her Campus at SAU