IMG 2956JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 2956JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Life > Experiences

November; The Month of Gratitude

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As November begins, we all know it is the month of gratitude. However, it is also the month when the cold begins to seep in, finals are looming on the horizon, and all we want to do is take a long nap. Being grateful seems to be the last thing we want to do, or even have time to do for that matter. When it feels like the absolute last thing you want to do, here are some ways that you can make gratitude a framework in your life. 

1. Journal before you go to sleep. Write down 3 good things that happened to you that day, no matter how small they were.
  2. Text and/or call someone you love that you haven’t talked to in a while. Tell them you love them, and are grateful they are in your life.
  3. When you are moving throughout your day, notice the small things that bring you joy that are usually taken for granted.
  4. Change your mindset from “I have to do this homework. I have to take this test. I have to go to my 8 A.M.” to “I get the opportunity to get an education. My past self wanted to be here.”
  5. Take moments to savor your morning coffee. Find peace in the moments of simplicity.
  6. Watch your favorite movie, and realize how grateful you are that it exists.
  7. Treat yourself to your favorite food or meal. Take the time to relish in how it makes you feel, or the memories that make it your favorite food.
  8. Cherish your time at this age. One day, you will miss it. We are so busy looking towards the future and wishing this time in our lives was over that we forget to be grateful for what we have and the journey that we are on.
Hi! My name is Isabelle. I am a Junior at SAU majoring in Secondary Ed and English with an endorsement in ESL. I enjoy brunch dates, discovering new places, thrifting, and can usually be found in the woods hiking.