This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Now that spring is here, I need to do away with my winter playlist. And whether it’s watching April rain or flowers bloom, I need a playlist that matches all of my Spring moods. And with my taste in music, I thought I’d share my playlist.

• “I Hate Running” by Number One Popstar
    • This song fits my spring playlist because of the fact that, since it’s spring, it’s now expected for women to start working out for “bikini bodies.” And I think it’s upbeat and has a really funny perspective about working out. And, like the title of the song, I just really hate running.
  • “Sleepwalker” by Hey Ocean!
    • This song just has a really good beat and makes me want to dance! I also think this song perfectly describes the transition from winter. Because for me, it does feel sluggish and like I’m just waking up.
  • “Alexander” by i said yes
    • A slower, upbeat song that makes me want to just sit outside and enjoy warm weather.
  • “Flesh & Bone” by Sammy Rae & The Friends
    • This song is all about learning about loving yourself and your body.
  • “Speaking off the Record” by Hotel Mira
    • This song is about trying to combat suicidal tendencies and accepting yourself in a ways that’s not condescending. And with winter over, where I have trouble with seasonal depression, it’s something I like to remind myself of in spring. And it’s just a great song to sing at the top of your lungs.
  • “I Choose to Live” by Creeper
    • Much like the previous song, this one is very much about fighting suicidal tendencies.
Senior, History/Art History, Fashion historian and historical costumer