My ratings on the half-time show setlist

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The 2024 Superbowl show’s headliner was Usher, a popular R&B artist in the early 2000s. As someone who grew up in the 2000s, this was nostalgic and exciting for me. Besides the amazing choreography and some wonderful artists coming out to collaborate, I also had mixed feelings about this set-list. In this article, I am rating the set list that was performed!

1. Caught Up- was expecting “DJ got Us Fallin’ In Love”, and it was a rough start- 5/10
  2. “U Don’t Have To Call”: Never heard of this song, – 0/10
  3. “Superstar”: Never heard this one either, but 1/10
  4. “Love in this Club”: Love this song, but I am not sure if it was executed perfectly. So….3/10
  5. “Ain’t Got You,” sung by Alicia Keys: LOVE ALICIA KEYS (even though she had a rough start, but still killed it), so…. 9.2/10
  6. “My Boo,” sung by Alicia Keys and Usher: It was a little saucy, but omg I love this song and they did great! So…9.5/10
  7. “Confessions Part II”: One of my FAVORITE SONGS, so 10/10
  8. “Nice & Slow”: Not a huge fan of this song, but it was pretty well performed, so 8/10.
  9. “Burn”: is another FAVORITE song of mine, but I was expecting more. So….8.3/10
  10. “Bad Girl”: He came out dancing in ROLLER SKATES. so, 10/10
  11. “U Got It Bad”: ANOTHER of my favorite songs, but was expecting more of course. So….8/10
  12. “OMG”: This song is so much fun, and I loved it. So…8.6/10
  13. “Turn Down for What,” sung by Lil John: Hit me with a wave of nostalgia as I remember when that song first came out. I would say 9.4/10
  14. “Yeah,” sung by Lil John, Ludacris, will.i.am and Usher: I still jam to this song at least once a day…so I was hyped. I would say 9.8/10!
Dani Stevens is an editor at the HC chapter at SAU. She oversees article editing. Beyond HC, Dani is involved on campus in SAAT and symphonic band. She also works in the music department as a work study. Dani is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education. In her free time, Dani plays clarinet and saxophone. She also is a mom to six plants. In the summer, she works as a camp coordinator. For this year, Dani is working in Adaptive and Inclusion through Davenport Parks and Recreation. She also runs her own podcast called Pop Culture Blast.