My Favorite Small Businesses as a Quad City Native

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Plaid Rabbit

As an avid lover of all things organizational, this is one of my all-time favorites. A great space to get paper source products, or my favorite pens the “Le Pen”, or best of all amazing candles. 

Location- 1018 Mound St. Davenport, IA 52803 (East Village)

Crafted

Crafted is a place where Quad City artists make interesting “crafts” to be sold (well that makes a lot of sense). They also carry things like funny socks or towels, for a conversation starting hostess gift. In addition, this is an amazing spot to buy Quad Cities gear. Sometimes they even have crafting events, that you can sign up to attend!

Location- 221 E 2nd St. Davenport, IA 52801 (Downtown Davenport)

Mezzanine

As a college student this is a great space to get more professional clothing. It perfectly toes the line between super chic and business casual. It is also run by two native Quad City sisters!

Location- 1026 Mound St. Davenport, IA 52803 (East Village)

Brick and Motor

While Brick and Motor is a little further away in Rock Island, I could not leave it off this list. The Brick and Motor truck attends the Farmer’s Market in Davenport, so if you cannot get out to Rock Island you can always hit them up on Sunday’s! Brick and Motor sells super trendy clothes at a very affordable price. The best part is that it is run by two adorable sisters (a trend in my favorites apparently)

Location- (In Store) 1700 2nd Ave. Rock Island, 61201 OR Farmers Market

Mint Green

Finally, Mint Green. This has been a long favorite of mine. They even have rewards cards, and Two Stamp Tuesday where you get two stamps for each purchase! The store includes clothes for adults (even offering plus sizes), and babies (if you need to purchase an adorable onesie).

Location- 2208 E 11th St. Davenport, IA 52803

Plaid, Crafted, Mazzanine, Brick, Mint

Sophomore, Social Work.
Her Campus at SAU