Bella Voce at the fountain
Bella Voce at the fountain
Original photo by Veronica Alfred
Life > Experiences

My Favorite Places on Campus

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

My Back Porch, 2014 Gaines

I love being able to sit on my back porch, read a book, and have a snack. When it’s raining, I can still sit on my back porch with the awning over me. Everyone else on the street has a front porch so it’s nice being the only one with a back so it can be private and relaxing.

Multicultural House

I spent so much time in that house from when I was the DEI Ambassador and with all the DEI Clubs I am apart of, it makes it so that I am there almost every week. The DEI Office has given me so much and I love sharing it with others! The house it a great space for meetings, club events, social activities and more.

Rogalski Patio

I love the Rogalski patio on a sunny day. It is a great place to study and just relax but also spend time with friends if you want to play games on the lawn. Some of the school events are held here because of the walking traffic and location. It also has a second and third floor balcony if you still want to relax and be outside but have a bit more privacy.

Library 3rd Floor Study Rooms

The study rooms are a nice place to study but also to enjoy with some friends. I try to study with my friends at least once a week and they tend to study there so it works out for us. The study rooms provide a chance to be with your friends without disturbing others when we get silly.

Beehive

The beehive is a social place on campus that most clubs use to do tabling events. It has the coffee shop so people stop in and relax or do work between classes and work. It is a place that is always lively so if you like a quiet environment, certain parts of the day are not for you. The game room is also just off of it which gives students a place to enjoy and take part in recreational activities.

Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.