This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.
  • The Twin by Natasha Preston 
    • “Ivy and Iris haven’t lived together for years – when their mother and father divorced, each parent got custody of one twin. But after a tragic accident takes their mom’s life, the devastated sisters are reunited, and Iris moves in with Ivy and their dad. Iris takes their mom’s death especially hard. She barely talks, spending hours alone in her room. Ivy can’t stand to see Iris so sad. She promised Iris that she can share her life now. After all, they’re sisters. Twins. It’s a promise that Iris takes seriously. And before long, Ivy’s friends, her teachers, and even her boyfriend fall under Iris’s spell. Soon Ivy begins to think there’s something wrong with her twin. It’s almost like Iris is out to get her. Ivy tells herself she’s being paranoid. It’s not like she’s in any danger from her twin…” (Goodreads bio). 
  • The Cellar by Natasha Preston 
    • “Nothing ever happens in the town of Long Thorpe – that is, until sixteen-year-old Summer Robinson disappears without a trace. No family or police investigation can track her down. Spending months inside the cellar of her kidnapper with several other girls, Summer learns of Colin’s abusive past, and his thoughts of his victims being his family…his perfect, pure flowers. But flowers can’t survive long cut off from the sun, and time is running out….” (Goodreads bio) 
  • The Siren by Kiera Cass 
    • Their voice kills people, literally. Kahlen, along with other girls, use their voices in the ocean to kill people, and she learns not to speak with anyone. But, when she meets a boy, things change. She tries to move on, but they both end up getting sick, which has never happened before. 
  • The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas 
    • Starr Carter, a 16-year-old girl, comes from a poor neighborhood but goes to a mainly white school. She becomes entangled in a news story when she sees a white officer kill her best friend Khalil. People at her school end up not caring, and she speaks up about it, causing a riot to occur. 
  • The Obsession by Jesse Q Sutanto 
    • Delilah lives with her mother and her abusive mother’s boyfriend. Logan has noticed Delilah at school for a while. When they bump into each other, it must be love at first sight. Until Logan starts stalking her.
I'm in Dance Marathon, Student Government, Black Student Union, HerCampus, Book Club, and Theare.