Midterm Stress Relievers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Midterms are starting to come up. We may not all have to take tests, but there is always some crazy assignment or paper that is coming up consuming our lives! Taking the time to de-stress and remember that fall break is coming soon is hard, but here are some easy ways to try and find some sanity:

1. Remember that time management matters.

We all want to sit around and put off what we can, but the next morning when we’re drowning in Pumpkin Spice Lattes we regret it. Plan things out and value your sleep.

2. Netflix binges are 110% acceptable, and sometimes necessary!

After spending all day in class, at work, or working on projects sometimes your brain gets just a little fried. There is nothing wrong with taking some time to watch an episode (or 6) of your favorite show and remembering that fall break is almost here.

3. Go outside and enjoy the fall weather.

As much as we are already whining about it being freezing, the frozen tundra will be upon is in the Midwest before we know it. Taking some time and walking around and enjoying everything pretty about fall will help clear your head and remind you it’s all going to be over with soon.

4. Skip the caf and eat something that you’re actually going to enjoy.

Sometimes a good meal can make you feel like you are right back home. Splurging a little and eating some Chipotle or running to Village Inn for some free pie can only lift your spirits and give you a second wind.

5. Call your mom.

We all know we want to. Sometimes she just knows the right thing to say. I mean, mom always knows best.

6. Work out.

Exercising is a great stress reliever. And I mean who could feel bad about taking a study break that is good for you?

7. Have a girl’s night.

There is probably nothing more refreshing than getting together with your girls for a little gossip, a chick flick, and some much needed venting about the teacher you despise or the boy that is on your last nerve.

8. Remember, it’s going to be okay.

You get to go home for a nice long weekend soon or just take that extra day for yourself to have some me time. You’ll make it through and be one step closer to winter break!

My name is Kat and I chose to live the dream at St. Ambrose University.  During college I spent my time working, writing and enjoying time with friends.
Her Campus at SAU