Megan Theisen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Name: Megan Theisen 

Hometown: Dubuque, IA

Major: Exercise Science -Physical Therapy

Minor: Biology

Where did you study abroad? I studied abroad in France with Kirk Kelley’s French Alps course and also spent a semester in London at St. Mary’s University College.

How long were you there? I was in France for three weeks and in London for the Spring 2013 semester (5 months)

Why did you choose to study in this location? I chose to go to France to see if I could handle being away from home and I was able to get a Biology minor by taking Kirk Kelley’s class. I chose to go to London because it was an English-speaking country, the classes they offered fit my major and because would be easy to travel throughout Europe from London.   

What is your favorite memory? Too many to choose from but probably playing volleyball for an event they called Varsity in front of the two school rivals and then going out afterwards.

How did your experience abroad impact you as a person? I learned a lot about myself and what is truly important to me and I made lifelong friends from all over the world. 

What advice would you give to other students thinking about studying abroad? Do it! You won’t regret it. Don’t be scared to go by yourself and don’t stress too much about finding the right place because it will all work out in the end.