This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

It’s late September, and if you’re like me, you can’t wait to bust out your old riding boots, worn-in jeans, and cozy cardigans. Based off of my weather app, it looks like the weather we’ve all been waiting for is here. This slight cooldown can only mean one thing; it’s time for fall. So go pick up your pumpkin spice latte, schedule your pumpkin patch date, and dig out your supply of plaid shirts from the back of your closet.

Like many other girls, plaid shirts may be my favorite fall fashion staple. Whether they’re worn with jeans or leggings, these simple tops add a bit of style to every outfit. Not to mention, they’re totally comfortable too! Although my go-to plaid shirts are usually red or orange, there are plaid shirts in every color, perfect for every occasion. Layer one over a t-shirt to dress up typical college attire, or pair one with dark jeans and brown riding boots for a look that’s perfect for class or the mall. 

I'm Amanda, a junior PR major at St. Ambrose. I enjoy long walks on the beach and queso.
Her Campus at SAU