Life After College: Introduction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Welcome to another school year, Ambrosians!

For those of you who think I’m a ghost, since you haven’t seen me on campus yet this year, I promise I’m no ghost! I graduated last May, but because I’m so determined to see many success stories coming out of Ambrose, I thought I would stick around another year and share some insight with you all from the real world.

To share a little bit about myself, I’m a Muscatine resident who graduated from Ambrose with degrees in public relations strategic communication, marketing and theatre. I now work for a bank, am a freelance journalist and teach Zumba fitness classes.

My purpose in these blog postings is to share advice, answer questions and be someone you can look up to. I still check my Ambrose email account quite regularly so if you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to shoot me an email and I’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP (at wilkehannahm@sau.edu).

For this first week, I know how it is getting settled into a new school year, so I promise to keep it brief. Take a moment to yourself right now and think ahead to when you graduate from college—whether it is in a few months, or years. Now come back to the present and think about how you are planning to get there. Set goals for yourself everyday, live in the moment and appreciate EVERY LITTLE THING. College flies by faster than you can believe, and I don’t want you to ever think it’s far down the road so you can waste time.

Hope your first few weeks are filled with new friendships, nutty professor stories and lots of love!

A lover, dreamer and overachiver.