It’s That Time of Year Again…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

As any Ambrosian knows, this weekend is what is affectionately known as “Last Blast.”  It’s kind of a big deal.

This is the one weekend students have been counting down to since the first day of classes, or so it feels like.  Our parents even received letters about it warning them. 

Now, what Last Blast is designed for is a weekend to put aside the studying and have a chance to get out and socialize with all your friends one last time for the school year.  It normally turns into a drunken fest, which is why so many students look forward to it.  People are already talking about it with much excitement and anticipation.

“With every text that I receive from a buddy that says they will be coming back for Last Blast makes my liver just a little bit more scared.”- tweet from @NowThatsCollege

And senior, Bridget LeMarie says, “I’m really looking forward to Last Blast, but at the same time I’m sad because it is the last Last Blast for me.” 

As Last Blast turns into a weekend of alcohol consumption and partying, remember to be safe.  Have a game plan if traveling and drinking, stick with your friends and try to avoid anything dangerous.  Last Blast shouldn’t be a weekend that’s a blur.  Make an effort to have fun, but don’t go crazy–that’s not the purpose of it at all. 

Here is a schedule of activities for the weekend; non-drinkers can still have fun too!

Friday:

Inflatables and Mechanical Bull, 3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m., Timmerman Field
Live Band Karaoke, 9:00 p.m.- 12:00 p.m. Rogalski Center Patio

Saturday:

Dash 4 Drex, 9:00 a.m., Bechtel Hall
Dash 4 Drex Brunch, 10:00 a.m., Rogalski Center Ballroom
SOMDAY Events, 12:00 p.m., Timmerman Field
Bags Tournament, 1:30 p.m., Rogalski Center lawn
Water Balloon Toss Competition, 2:30 p.m.,Timmerman Field
Fighting Bees host Mt. Mercy Mustangs, TBD, Modern Woodmen Park
 Cookout, 4:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m., Rogalski Center Patio
Chris Cakes, 8:00 p.m., Rogalski Center Food Court
Late Night Bingo, 10:30 p.m., Rogalski Center Ballroom

A lover, dreamer and overachiver.