This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Between my recently online semester, looming finals, and my procrastination habits, I discovered the show, Gotham. And let me tell you – WOW. I’ve always been a Batman nerd and being able to follow Bruce Wayne leading up to his hero years and seeing all the villains descend has given me such a new insight. We also get the lovely parallel of Jim Gordan rising in the ranks in the police department while Bruce rises into his role as a vigilante. So much has happened in this show I wish I could share my late night ramblings with you all, but I fear that would make you think less of me.

pile of comic books
Photo by tunechick83 from Pixabay

I had a little bit of knowledge going into the show, so being able to watch my favorite villains evolve into who they are in the comics while still staying true to the story is just crazy. I also get to learn more about the characters that I originally knew little to nothing about. On top of that, seeing the relationships and friendships of all the characters be revealed and developed has led to me being glued to my screen for weeks. Have I ignored some responsibilities? Yeah, ok, I did, but I enjoyed every second and would probably do it again at any given moment.

Overall, I really enjoy the show and recommend it to anyone who needs something to watch. I mean we’re going back to quarantine, so you probably will. On top of that, the new Batman movie showcases the villain The Riddler, who gets a large role in the show – so you can get an idea about who the new Batman will be up against!

Just a psych major looking to share some words!
Her Campus at SAU