Her Campus: A Great Opportunity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This month marks the start of my junior year at St. Ambrose and second semester as a writer for Her Campus and I have to say, it has been awesome! Yes, the time has flown by, but I have learned and experienced so much that I would not trade it for the world. Her Campus has allowed me to improve my writing skills and so much more as I work towards my English Education major.

As a writer for Her Campus, if you have an interest in something you can express it. If you love to work out and be healthy, you can write about how to keep a healthy lifestyle. If you are in love with Kate Middleton and Prince William and their adorable new baby Prince George, you can give updates on them. Even if you just love to stand behind the camera, you can contribute through your photos. I like to write about whatever is happening at that time; whether it is getting ready for a new season or the announcement of the new pope, the news section is perfect for me.

One of my favorite parts of Her Campus at St. Ambrose is that we sponsor events that usually include Zumba. At this point, if you have yet to attend a FREE Zumba class that is offered on campus, put down the computer and go right now. It is the most fun you will ever have while working out. Last year I bought a sweet t-shirt to go with our event, and we gave away lots of prizes ranging from free food to gift baskets from the bookstore. At Her Campus, we try to encourage healthy lifestyles, help to temporarily decrease collegiate’s stress and have fun in the process.  We also worked the photo booth at Dance Marathon and had a blast in the process!

All of this is great, but by far the best part about writing for Her Campus SAU is the people you will meet in the process and the professional experience it will give you. I have met some amazing girls through Her Campus who share similar interests with me. It does not matter if you are a journalism major aspiring to be a famous columnist, or an exercise science major who just likes to write, Her Campus is the perfect place for opportunities. All of your stories can be made available to potential employers and it is a great resume builder.

But with the professional aspect aside, Her Campus is a great experience that I am so lucky to be a part of! The opportunity to be a part of a group on campus and make memories is the most important part. College is about making friends and memories and working towards the rest of your life, and Her Campus has helped me do that.

Photo courtesy of www.writing-with-confidence.com

Her Campus at SAU