The Fifteen is Real

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Alright bees, swimsuit season is (almost) over! That means it’s time for jeans and the dreaded jump until they go on routine. If this isn’t the way you want to spend the winter, check out a few simple things to do to change this. Avoid the 15, avoid the 5, do what you think feels good!

Campus Recreation

There is LITERALLY no way to say that Ambrose doesn’t have options. Campus Rec is screaming your name and begging you to get active. Whether it’s free group fitness classes or intramural sports, there is an option for you that cannot be passed up. 

Vanderveer Botanical Park

Alright, it’s pretty and the fountains are beautiful. No questions about it. Totally free and totally awesome. A trip around the park is almost a mile, so you’re going to feel great by the time you’re done with the walk. 

Running the Davis Hall stairs

Ladies, if you were an unfortunate freshman you understand the 4th floor struggle. Not saying I personally had buns of steel by the end of freshman year, but it was the best worst workout ever. 

Lee Lohman

It’s there, it’s free. Get to the equipment and enjoy the view.

Literally Anything

Just get out and get moving. What you put in is what you’ll get out. Don’t try to run the Quad Cities Marathon day one, but go for a walk or rde your bike. You’ll be glad you did! Otherwise you might wake up one day battling the issue of clothes not fitting, college being expensive, clothes being expensive and just considering wearing a potato sack for the rest of your life. 

Pics: Honey Boo Boo Campus Rec SAU QC Marathon Vanderveer Stairs Lee Lohman 15

My name is Kat and I chose to live the dream at St. Ambrose University.  During college I spent my time working, writing and enjoying time with friends.