This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

If you’ve ever driven in downtown Davenport, you have probably driven past and may not have noticed the Daytrotter building.

What is Daytrotter? Well, it is known as “the source of new music discovery and free MP3 downloads from the best emerging bands.” Basically, it is an awesome online streaming service for new and emerging musicians.

Sean Moeller, 37, is the founder of Daytrotter. He started it about 10 years ago. “The basics of Daytrotter kind of remain the same, since the very beginning,” Moeller said in an interview with local news station, KWQC.

If you are new to the Daytrotter website, here is how it works:

Step 1: Head over to Daytrotter.com and pick a random musician/band, or you can search by your favorite music genre.

Step 2: Once you have the musician or band, all you have to do it press play, and there you have it! You have officially conquered the Daytrotter website.

The mission for Daytrotter is to get music lovers to find and enjoy new and emerging musicians. They most certainly have achieved that. There are new musicians featured on KALA 88.5FM, the radio station at St. Ambrose.

Current student and HC writer, Lauren Crew, has done a lot with Daytrotter and has a lot to say:

“Not enough people utilize daytrotter,” Crew said. “They give us free memberships to hundreds of live sessions of music. The venue is beautiful and just downtown. It’s actually a huge deal within the music industry and its blocks away [from campus]. It’s so worth it to take advantage of the opportunity. Maybe you don’t know every band that comes through, but it’s always a good show.”

With that being said, head over to daytrotter.com and check out this weekend’s event, Daytrotter’s 10th Anniversary celebration, “Daytrotter Downs.”

The kickoff was Wednesday night, but don’t worry, the festival runs through Saturday, Feb. 20. Approximately 40 bands will be playing throughout the weekend at places such as Daytrotter, Adler Theater, and the Village Theater.

Head to daytrotter.com to purchase tickets, because lets be real, you know you want to go!!

*Picture credit to Daytrotter’s Twitter page, Google Images, and KWQC

I'm Hannah.I enjoy Zumba, Netflix and chill, Popcorn, and Mott's Medley fruit snacks.Oh...and naps.
Her Campus at SAU