Coethe Adams, ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

With the semester ending soon, this week’s Campus Celebrity will make his last run at finals because he is graduating in December. Senior Coethe Adams from Rock Island, Ill. is majoring in public relations and strategic communication with minors in marketing and journalism.

Coethe has been an active member in the SAU community. He has tutored in the Student Success Center and was an editor for The Buzz student newspaper. He also has worked in the radio station and the parking appeals committee.

Coethe values the relationships he was able to develop with students at SAU and describes his experience with the teachers “it’s always felt very personal any time I’ve interacted with them, and that I think helped make my time here worth it.”

He gives underclassmen some wise advice to follow: “Take advantage of the opportunities here. In my senior editorial for the paper, I wrote time is fleeting and irreplaceable, so I’d just say to try and capitalize on the time you’re given. Everything goes by so fast that it’s hard not to take things for granted, but avoid it if you can. ‘Everything happens for a reason’ is also something else I’d say to keep in mind, along with maintaining perspective.”

With graduation fast approaching, Coethe has big goals and aspirations for the future. His “dream job” is to be a company spokesperson, and he would love to work for the NFL, in any capacity. Overall this student states his happiness is what really matters.

“I know it’s cliche, but ultimately I think I’d be happy being happy.”

Best wishes to Coethe and his upcoming graduation from the Her Campus SAU team!

Let’s end with some interesting facts about Coethe:

-I’m obsessed with kittens. I’ve always wanted a kitten since I can remember, but my mom is allergic to them so I’ve never had one. Someday I’ll get one.

-I really like my teeth. A lot. I’ve had nightmares about chipping, breaking or losing one, or one getting loose.

-I love talking.

-My birthday is on Valentine’s Day.

-I love football, the Patriots and the NFL. My schedule is set around the NFL. I don’t do anything on Sundays unless I have to. Monday and Thursday nights are also off-limits.

Mary is a senior at St. Ambrose University majoring in English and journalism. She is originally from Naperville, IL and hopes to one day be back in Chicago. In the past Mary has interned for Sourcebooks, a publishing company in Naperville, and this past year she studied abroad in London and interned at Parliament. She hopes to one day be an editor in publishing at a magazine or at a publishing group like Penguin. Besides being the founding editor of Her Campus St. Ambrose, Mary is also a writing tutor at St. Ambrose. In her free time, she loves to travel, hang out with family and friends, and shop a little bit too much at Gap and J. Crew!