This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Leah Rose, an SAU sophomore, isn’t your typical gal. Not only is she tearing it up on the track, but this young entrepreneur also owns her own business! For links to her business and more information, see the bottom of this page! But first, allow me to introduce you to Leah…

The Lowdown:

Name: Leah Rose

Major: Political Science with a minor in Pre-Law

Hometown: Ocala, FL

Year in School: Sophomore 

Dream Job: Judge

What are you involved in on campus? Track and field, Black Student Union. I have also worked as a peer assistant and plan to continue working as a STAR for St. Ambrose University orientations.

The Favorites:

Food:  Crab Legs

TV Show/Movie: Anything Tyler Perry, anything funny.

Thing to do in your free time:  Do makeup, take pictures, watch YouTube and scroll on Instagram

Snack: I don’t really eat snacks or candy. I know that sounds weird, but I have to actually be in the mood to eat snacks.

Song: Changes often, but right now I would say “Press” by Cardi B and Realer by Megan Thee Stallion. “Press” because Cardi B talks about how she doesn’t listen to what others say about her life or what she chooses to do with it and “Realer” for the same reason. Personally, I think women should live unapologetically, being the best version of themselves without the thought of what someone might say.

Class: Theology & Civics

College Life

Why did you choose St. Ambrose? Being from Florida, coming to SAU was a big decision. I chose Ambrose because I was offered a great athletic scholarship along with all the love I received on my  first official visit. It was athletes such as Abby Hammer and Jennifer Lopez (crazy right? But no, not the famous celebrity) that put the icing on the cake making St. Ambrose University one of my top choices.

What is your favorite part about going to school at SAU? The best part about going to SAU is being a part of the track and field team and seeing the baddest Bees at practice everyday.

What’s your favorite memory from college? Winning medals at both indoor and outdoor track and field Chicagoland Conference championships my freshman year of college, and I am planning to do the same this year. 

What advice would you give someone just beginning school here at SAU? You don’t need friends, you need money. Coming here you’ll probably get both though ??‍♀️

Relationship 

Single/Taken: Taken

Perfect date idea: Expensive, but original. Like spending $300 on pizza, chips, soda, and whatever else that we probably won’t finish.

Beauty and Style

What is your ideal outfit? I prefer dresses and sandals, but since I’m in the Midwest whatever looks good with my jacket is my go to because it’s not coming off.

What cosmetic products do you recommend? Fenty Beauty concealer and foundation, but if you are a broke college student, Fit Me by Maybelline foundation and L.A. Pro concealer.

Do you have a specific skincare routine? I use a clearing scrub by Equate and witch hazel, but unfortunately I have combination skin.

Fun Facts

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why? Germany to visit the Nazi concentration camps.

In three words, how would you describe yourself?  Unbothered, moisturized, and flourishing.

What is your greatest accomplishment? I placed 4th in the National American Miss Florida pageant for Spokesmodel in 2017.

Where do you see yourself in five years?  In five years I will be in my last year of law school, along with establishing at least a six figure income.

Leah’s Fashion-based Business: Forever Leah

This past August, I, along with my mom, decided to start a “side hustle” or something to build my brand name. It started out as just selling clothing items here and there, and as of right now I’ve made about $250 worth of profit. Dealing with clothes is actually a lot of work because vendors often send defective products. This February, we decided to rebrand and focus on cosmetics, since that is what I personally enjoy. On my Instagram (Insta handle shown below), you can find pictures of me along with makeup tutorial videos. By February 28, the official relaunch of Forever Leah will have 10 different eyelash styles available for purchase for only $7.99. You can visit the website now if you’d like to join our mailing list at www.foreverrleahh.com. By doing this, you will receive a 10% off coupon in your email within 48 hours. 

Advice that I have to anyone who’s trying to build themselves is to not care about what others say or think: just go for it. The most influential people in the world did not get anywhere by “playing it safe.”

Business Instagram: @foreverrleahh

Business Website: https://www.foreverrleahh.com/ 

Personal Instagram: @leeyahh.leah

Communications major at SAU Participates in the women's track and field program and KALA-FM Running, cat, coffee, and true crime enthusiast
Her Campus at SAU