This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (2012)

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Celaena Sardothien is a teenage assassin fighting for freedom. Celaena is in a labor camp after being captured as the nation’s most notorious assassin. The Prince of Adarlan approaches her with the opportunity to compete in a competition to become the King’s Champion and win her freedom. In Throne of Glass, you follow Celaena on her journey through the trials of the competition and life in the castle.

Celaena is the definition of a morally gray character, being a 17 year old assassin who is thrust into a competition pool full of all men who want her dead. In Throne of Glass you follow her journey of growth and self discovery. Maas does an amazing job of making you fall in love with characters and connect to them. While reading, you never want to put the book down as Maas keeps you on your toes, never knowing what will happen next. Throne of Glass will have you diving headfirst into the Sarah J. Maas book universe.

Amber is a writer at HC at SAU. Beyond HC, Amber is involved on campus. She is the President of Chemistry Club, President of SSC Royal Neighbors Chapter, Supplemental Instructor and Tutor for General Chemistry, Peer Campus Minister, active member of Campus Ministry, manager on the Swim & Dive Team, a Senior Senator on SGA, and singer in Bees of Praise, Music Ministry, and Campus Chorale. Amber is majoring in Chemistry and Secondary Education with minors in Middle School Math, Science, and Social Studies Education. In her free time, she loves to read and spend time with friends, family and her dog Willow. A fun fact about her is that she is an Eagle Scout.