Angela Zurales

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Angela Zurales is a fun-loving, busy bee. She is a senior at SAU and trying to live the rest of her year to the fullest! Studying elementary education with special education and reading endorsements, it is easy to see she’s going big places after graduation.

When asking Angela about teaching you can see the enthusiasm right away! “I want to be a teacher because I think it is one of the most important jobs out there. These kids are our future, it’s important they have a good education from the beginning!”

When she isn’t living here in Davenport, Angela calls Woodridge, IL home. Back home she enjoys spending time with her family and loves going to Sunday dinners at grandmas. Spending her summers as a camp counselor it’s easy to see a teaching career in the future.

Between classes, observing, working in the library, working as a tutor, and spending nights on the porch doing homework, Angela is staying as busy as she can! She is also a yearly participant in Dance Marathon, Eucharistic minister, and enjoys running and exercise daily.

Angela always makes sure that there is time left over for fun and friends. Even if it is something as little as Rock Band homework breaks with her roomies.

Angela is working her way through her “Senior Year Bucket List.” She has already crossed running a half marathon off.  Next up she is planning her Thanksgiving break Vegas trip, hopefully going to New York to visit her sister, and going on a trip to Haiti. She is also working on making plans for a spring break trip and finding a teaching job for the fall.

Some fun facts about this busy bee are that she is commonly considered to be her younger sister’s twin, loves water skiing and wake boarding, and has not once drank a full cup of coffee.

One of the most important things to Angela this year is being able to live in the CARE house where she can honor her great friend Caroline Griffin’s memory each day. “Care really showed me the importance of living every day to the fullest. This is why I am trying to make the best of senior year.”

Following the desire to love life, the CARE house has a favorite phrase for the year, “Light’s on, parties on!”

My name is Kat and I chose to live the dream at St. Ambrose University.  During college I spent my time working, writing and enjoying time with friends.
Her Campus at SAU