Wellness

5 Ways To Bring The Spa To You During Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Spring break is meant to be an opportunity for us to catch up on a little “me” time & what better way to do that than by creating a spa day for yourself in the comforts (and budget) of your own home! Here are a few of my favorite things to do when I bring the spa to ME!

Homemade Bath Bombs

After finishing a long and hard week of mid-term exams, it’s time to kick back, relax and do you!! What better way than to soak in a hot, bubbly bath with a homemade bath bomb and here’s how you can make one:

What you’ll need:

½ Cup Baking Soda

¼ Cup Citric Acid

¼ Cup Cornstarch

¼ Cup Epsom Salt

3 Teaspoons Melted Coconut Oil (put in microwave for 20-30 seconds)

1 ½ Teaspoons Water (add more as needed, be careful)

1 Teaspoon Essential Oil

4 Drops Food Coloring (Optional)

Molds

What you’ll do:

Mix the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, epsom salt and coconut oil in a bowl to get things started (it will be clumpy).

Put the water, food coloring and essential oil together in a cup and slowly add to the other mixture. It will bubble a little, which is okay, but try to mix it as quickly as possible so it doesn’t react too much.

I always mix with my hands after I have added in all of the liquid mixture to make sure everything is distributed evenly through the mixture and that there aren’t clumps of things.

Lastly, you get to put your mixture into the mold of your choice.

Place in the fridge for at least an hour, all of mine I left in the fridge overnight just to be sure they had enough time.

Slowly peel or pop them out of the mold and let them adjust to room temp before using.

Face Mask Time

Spring break is a great time to relax with a good face mask! They are pretty cheap to just go and buy one from Walmart or Target, but if you feel like getting your DIY on, you can make one, too! Here is a link to some recipes I found to be helpful here as well as this Youtube video!

Fancy Spa Water 

One of my favorite parts about going to the spa is drinking the fancy tasting fruit water. The thing about it though, is that it’s not actually all that fancy – it’s just fruit infused water! All you have to do is pick out, wash and cut whatever you would like to infuse (oranges, lemons and raspberries are my personal favorites) and put them into cold, room temp or sparkling water. Let it sit for a few hours and then enjoy!!

Paint Your Nails & Wear A Robe

Sometimes, all you need is a little down time in a super fluffy robe to just hang out. While you’re all cuddled up and relaxed, this would be a good time to put a fresh coat of paint or your toes or fingers that way you are comfortable while you let them dry. Pro tip: Slice some cucumbers to put over your eyes when you’re done – might even be a good time for your face mask, too!

Foot Scrub & Massage

Take another quick trip to Walmart or Target and find your favorite smelling foot scrub. A good foot scrub will have your whole body feeling refreshed in no time. It is a super satisfying task and feels amazing at the same time. Our feet take a lot of pressure during the day, so giving that extra special care is what they deserve. Applying lotion after is also a great idea to finish moisturizing after the exfoliation process.

Now the massage, you have a couple options. You can technically rub your own feet, but I recommend recruiting someone to help make your day complete. Maybe you and mom take turns treating each other or you put on your puppy dog eyes and ask your boyfriend. However you would like to proceed, I have faith that you can make it happen!

Also, here are some foot scrub recipes if you would like to make your own instead here!

Happy relaxing, babes! HCXO

Math Teacher by day, bass player by night and a bee for life <3
Her Campus at SAU